Note: Only Pharmacy Technicians certified by the Commonwealth of Virginia will be considered for this position.
Our Loss is your gain. A valued member of our pharmacy team is relocating out of the Richmond area and we need to bring another member on to our elite staff
Are you looking for a position that offers work/life balance? At South River our pharmacy techs work 9-5:30, M-F, no nights, weekends or holidays.
The pharmacy technician will support pharmacological services by working in the pharmacy and personally completing or assisting in all related pharmacy technician duties. Under the supervision of the pharmacist, each pharmacy technician will assist in managing the flow of day to day pharmacy operations.
Responsibilities: Performing and/or assisting other pharmacy staff with the following tasks
- Assists pharmacist in preparing and dispensing medication
- Processes medication orders or prescriptions
- Fills bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules and types labels for bottles
- Gathers patient specific data for prescription and billing processing including but not limited to third party payers, delivery preferences, allergies, etc.
- Enters patient data into pharmacy computer system
- Follows the healthcare centers policies regarding medication preparation, labeling, and controlled substances reconciliation
- Supports in purchasing of pharmaceuticals and suppliers
- Helps maintain orderly, clean environment in the Pharmacy, including cleanliness of pharmacy stock and supplies
- Receives and stores incoming supplies; counts stock and enters date in computer to maintain inventory records
- Cleans equipment and sterilizes glassware according to prescribed methods
- Maintain and promote a positive work atmosphere with the pharmacy staff
- To insure compliance with all federal, state and local laws pertaining to the pharmacy department
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years licensed pharmacy technician experience with compounding experience highly desired
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Must be licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
● Must be an excellent communicator
● Must be articulate when speaking with patients
● Must have a warm, caring attitude with an enthusiastic approach when interacting with patients
● Experience working with multiple insurance companies is desired
● Knowledge of medical conditions highly desired