Program Specialist - Overnight
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC), headquartered in Framingham, MA is a multi service organization that works in the community organizing resources for social change & economic independence. Our four main areas of programming include: Behavioral Health Services, Comprehensive Housing Services, Employment and Education, and Family & Nutrition.
“To improve the quality of life of low-income and disadvantaged individuals and families by advocating for their needs and rights; providing services; educating the community; building a community of support; participating in coalitions with other advocates and searching for new resources and partnerships”.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and an exceptional time off program. We believe in quality of life for all individuals including our employees.
Monitor the adherence of house rules and routines by residents, ensure the safety and security of the shelter, respond to emergency situations overnight, weekends or on an as needed basis.
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the shelter.
- Respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Monitor chores, curfews and household rules and routines.
- Set limits, de-escalate disruptive situations and give warnings as needed.
- Written communication in the logs at the end of each shift.
- Offer supports to residents.
- Attend all staff meetings, group trainings and supervisions as needed.
- Accept donations and oversee volunteer activities.
- Uphold confidentiality.
- Engage all clients by understanding and addressing their needs whether within or outside the scope of work.
- Attend & participate in engagement team meetings as requested and communicate effectively with clients and staff in other areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of client, employee and agency information in accordance with federal and state laws and funder requirements.
- Ensure compliance with program/department, agency and/or funder requirements, as well as, SMOC policies & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Sensitivity to low income families of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently
- Bilingual strongly preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Directly reports to Program Director.
- Indirectly reports to Component Director.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to lift at minimum 25 lbs.
As part of the responsibilities of this position, the Program Specialist will have direct or incidental contact with clients served by SMOC in various programs funded or administered through the Executive Office of Health and Human Services. A successful background check is required.
Friday - Sunday 10pm - 8am
40 per week
South Middlesex Opportu
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?