Program Specialist - Medway House
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
Provide shelter coverage for the late afternoon/early evening hours at Medway House Family Shelter. Monitor resident’s adherence to shelter rules and routines; ensure safety and security of the shelter. Be available to assist current and new shelter residents and respond to emergency situations. Supervise volunteers during shift.
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the shelter.
- Respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Monitor chores, curfew and household rules and routines
- Provide assistance and support to shelter residents
- Provide shelter orientation and complete brief intake information for new residents.
- Set limits, intervene in disruptive situations and give written warnings if needed
- Supervise and assist volunteers who are present during above hours.
- Accept donations and follow donation protocol
- Communicate in staff log book at the end on each shift.
- Attend to light maintenance tasks that arise during shift
- Set up room for new families and gather supplies for the room
- Engage all clients by understanding and addressing their needs whether within or outside the scope of work.
- Attend & participate in team meetings as requested and communicate effectively with clients and staff in other areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of client, employee and agency information in accordance with federal and state laws and funder requirements.
- Ensure compliance with program/department, agency and/or funder requirements, as well as, SMOC policies & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Related human services education or experience.
- Ability to work independently and multi task in a vary dynamic environment.
- Good interpersonal/communication/conflict resolution skills.
- Sensitivity to low income families of diverse backgrounds.
- Valid Massachusetts driver license and good driving record.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to drive.
- Directly reports to Family Shelter Program Coordinator.
- Indirectly reports to none.
- Direct reports of this position are none.
- Indirect reports of this position are none.
As part of the responsibilities of this position, the Program Specialist will have direct or incidental contact with clients served by SMOC in various programs funded or administered through the Executive Office of Health and Human Services. A successful background check is required.
Saturday and Sunday 8:00am - 4:30pm
16 - 26 hours per week
South Middlesex Opportu
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?