Sign-on bonus and relocation package offered for this role.
Provides and directs Physical Therapy services to patients, including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation, and communication, within the scope of practice, training, certification and/or credentialing of a Physical Therapist. Functions under physicians’ orders.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
• Successful completion of National Certification Examination for Registered Physical Therapist.
• Current state license or license eligible.
1. Provides Physical Therapy services to patients and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Physical Therapy Department procedures.
2. Conducts screenings of patients at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
3. Evaluates patients to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
4. Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients, family, and other team members.
5. Establishes individual patient schedules in conjunction with other team members.
6. Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including short and long term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
7. Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family, and other team members.
8. Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment plan.
9. Monitors patient’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
10. Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in their own environment.
11. Documents results of patient’s assessment, treatment, follow-up, and termination of services.
12. Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices, orthotics or prosthetic's. Trains patient, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
13. Participates in discharge planning.
14. Supervises and directs LPTA’s in the implementation of the treatment plan.
15. Supervises Physical Therapy Aides and Rehabilitation Aides.
16. Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual physical therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
17. Participates in patient, family and staff education.
18. Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the patient.
19. Adheres to Physical Therapy Department procedures regarding documentation of Physical Therapy services.
20. Attends in-service meetings and facility meetings as required. Actively participates in facility Quality program.
21. Provides in-service education to the members of the patient’s care team and education to the community.
22. Records billable treatment times according to Physical Therapy Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics.
23. Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
24. Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to facility/company safety standards.
25. Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
26. Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning implementation and follow-up of patient therapy programs.
27. Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, patients, family members and facility personnel. Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
28. Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
29. Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
30. Performs other duties as assigned.