This job is located in Kemmerer, WY.
The circulator/PACU Nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect provision of professional nursing care of the patients in the operating room and PACU. The nurse is accountable for ongoing evaluation and documentation of all components of care delivered to patients within the perioperative environment utilizing the nursing process.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Must possess current circulator or PACU experience (within past 2 years).
• Must possess a current Wyoming license as a Registered Nurse.
• Must be certified or able to certify in BLS, PALS, and ACLS.
1. Support the mission, vision, and core values of South Lincoln Medical Center.
2. Following and completing assignments as given by the OR Manager or Charge nurse.
3. Creating and maintaining an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
4. Gathering supplies and equipment for surgical cases.
5. Preparing surgery suite for surgical procedures and PACU for patient care.
6. Restocking supplies in surgery suite and PACU when procedures have ended for the day.
7. Monitoring of surgery department inventory and notifying appropriate individual(s) when supplies are needed.
8. Circulating for surgical procedures for various surgeons that operate at SLMC. Recover patients in PACU.
9. Operates equipment and performs technical skills according to policies and standards; learns new skills and seeks assistance appropriately.
10. Individualizes patient care according to patient’s health status, age level, and surgery/procedure being performed.
11. Looks beyond patients’ physical needs in every aspect of practice; includes physical, psychosocial, spiritual, emotional, educational, sexual, and age related needs.
12. Synthesizes patient data and implements action plan appropriate to situation (good judgment, critical thinking).
13. Documentation is complete, clear, concise, and according to policy.
14. Collaborates with appropriate disciplines in developing coordinated outcomes and interventions; interacts with team members regarding patient progress.
15. Recognizes situations (patient, staff, visitor, and physician) and significant assessment findings that require verbal or written communication and follow through to the appropriate people.
16. Participates in identifying and developing the performance improvement focus and criteria.
17. Assists in the orientation of new employees.
18. Assumes accountability and responsibility for attendance and timely completion of competencies, mandatory programs, department specific requirement (i.e. ACLS), and department meetings.
19. Purposefully conducts all aspects of job in an ethical manner in support of South Lincoln Medical Center’s commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity.
20. Ensure that the Surgery Department and Operating Rooms are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
21. Record all information correctly and accurately on patient’s chart.
22. Follow established universal precautions in the use of gloves, gowns, and/or masks.
23. Ensure that daily and weekly tasks are completed.
24. Maintain confidentiality according to established policy.
25. Manage personal stress and emotions so as not to interfere in relationships and interactions with others.