Corporate Development Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategy, this position requires a dynamic individual with a working knowledge of research commercialization and a willingness to work cross-functionally across multiple organizations, including S.D. Innovation Partners and its portfolio companies, Prairie AquaTech and Medgene Labs.
As a key member of the Corporate Development team, you will work directly with the Vice President to identify strategic development opportunities in support of S.D. Innovation Partners and its portfolio companies and then make them happen. You'll be deeply involved in executing and integrating deals and will have accountability for ensuring their success. You will work collaboratively with functional leaders across all organizations with full access and frequent exposure to senior leaders.
Who you're committed to being:
- Innately curious: You are confident in your abilities, but humble and eager to develop further.
- Highly analytical: You have a passion for digging into the details to draw out clear insights, and you also seek context to understand the bigger picture.
- Self-starter: You proactively push forward, rather than waiting to be told what to do; you prioritize your time with an eye toward achieving the greatest possible impact.
- Clear, persuasive communicator: Both in person and in writing, you can distill complex ideas and data into clear stories; you recognize your audience and tailor your style and message accordingly.
- Optimist, with a dose of skepticism: You see possibilities everywhere, but you don't hesitate to question when something doesn't make sense.
- Unwavering integrity: You pride yourself in being honest, reliable and sincere; people trust you.
- No ego: You are collegial and treat everyone with respect, regardless of title or status.
What you'll own:
- Support all projects lead by Corporate Development which includes and it is not limited to operational support, regulatory / quality, R&D collaborations, and opportunities for growth.
- Participate and lead initiatives to support Portfolio Companies, focused in animal health and nutrition.
- Cross functional projects, specifically operations and R&D to de-risk and add value to businesses
- End-to-end development and execution in every stage of the process: sourcing, building relationships with targets, due diligence, commercialization and regulatory development, and financial analysis
- Preparing presentations that translate learnings from research and due diligence into clear materials for relevant internal stakeholders, including C-level executives and board members
- Integration that ensures the success of strategic projects
Experience you'll need:
- Willingness to be nimble
- A track record of high achievement in fast-paced, quickly evolving, and ambiguous environments
- Cross Functional Business Experience including Technical Accumen, Regulatory, Operations, a plus.
Preferred Education: Masters in a scientific field
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Sioux Falls, SD, with a willingness to meet weekly in Brookings, SD.
Compensation: To be determined, based on experience
About the Company: S.D. Innovation Partners is an early-stage investment and management company focused on research commercialization.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
South Dakota Innovation Partners
AddressSioux Falls, SD
BusinessView all jobs at South Dakota Innovation Partners