Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of foster youth? If so, we would love to have you as part of the SCCS team!
As a Facility Administrator, you will be responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day operations of his or her assigned STRTP. The Facility Administrator is not considered part of the client to staff ratio unless he or she is providing coverage for openings in the schedule. The Facility Administrator must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others. The Facility Administrator supervises Direct Care Staff and Facility Managers.
This is a full time position, however, due to the nature of the home(s) operations, daily work hours may vary depending on the situation.
What you will do:
- Provides routine supervision of Direct Care Staff (DCS) and Facility Managers including, but not limited to, on-going training, identifying areas of strength, as well as areas that require improvement, disciplinary actions, and completion of performance evaluations.
- Recruiting, appointing, evaluating and terminating staff.
- Responsible for training House Managers and Direct Care Staff regarding details of program operations and completing shadowing checklist documentation.
- Models effective implementation of daily structure, including appropriate supervision of residents as well as utilizing the Relational Approach with residents at all times.
- Coordinates staff scheduling to ensure that adequate coverage is available in order to operate a safe and secure program that complies with Title 22 requirements.
- Maintains and enforces resident to staff ratio. Fills in as part of the ratio as needed.
- Serves as primary point of contact for significant people in residents’ lives, including County Social Workers. Schedules all visits and passes and completes Visitation/Pass forms.
- Acts as liaison between the residents and teachers concerning the individual performance and educational progress of each of the residents.
- Assists in planning and implementation of all individual treatment plans for the residents in placement. Utilizes forward thinking, positive attitude and therapeutic interventions in creating a pro-treatment environment.
- Maintains quality assurance of physical plant, safety, clothing, charts, county reports, medication, food service, etc. as per Title 22, Health and Safety Codes. Assures compliance with Community Care Licensing, Department of Social Services, Regional Center, and SCCS regulations.
- Ensures maintenance of Facility Logs (ILP, clothing, immunization, medical, maintenance, visitor, medication, and transportation).
- Responsible for the weekly budget for the home. Ensures that the distribution of funds is documented and receipts are collected per SCCS policies and procedures. Ensures that budget documentation is completed accurately and is turned in on time to the accounting department on a weekly basis.
- Ability to interact professionally with other disciplines within the agency and in the community. Maintains good inter-company department relationships.
- Ensures that the ILP/Emancipation program is being implemented.
- Participates in CFT and Treatment Team Meetings and makes recommendations on treatment and implementation. Provides ongoing trainings at treatment team meetings to review and update staff on all agency policies.
- Develops written policies, procedures and practices for continuous quality improvement.
- Is on the STRTP premises for at least 20 hours per week.
- Provides emergency on-call coverage as assigned and crisis intervention as required.
- Practices positive public relations with neighbors and community agencies.
- Handles grievances with clients, outside entities and employees, and deciding action to be taken to handle complaints.
- Interacts with community volunteers.
- Develops and implements programs that address appropriate activities, treatment, residential interaction and evaluation.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
Education/Experience (one of the below):
- Master’s Degree in a Behavioral Science from an accredited college or university, plus two years of employment as a social worker in an agency serving children or in a residential congregate care program for children.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, plus at least three year’s administrative experience or supervisory experience over Social Work, Direct Care and/or support staff providing direct services to children in an agency or in a community care facility with a licensed capacity of six or more.
- Have completed at least two years at an accredited college or university, plus at least five year’s administrative experience or supervisory experience over Social Work, Direct Care and/or support staff providing direct services to children in an agency or in a community care facility with a licensed capacity of six or more.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Valid CA driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
- Completion of CPR/First Aid/Pro-ACT certification upon being hired.
- STRTP Administrator Certification within the first 120 days of employment.
Please apply at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=8580&clientkey=98B9C53096E257504087145C46120BA5
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /hour
SCCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For general information or questions on how to apply, please call us at 877-527-7227.