· Wed-Sun 2pm-10pm
· Fri-Tues 5:45am-2:15pm
· Mon-Fri 6am-2pm
· Sun-Wed 9:45pm-7:45am (overnight)
Mental Health Worker-Residential Treatment
Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of foster youth? If so, we would love to have you as part of the SCCS team!
As a Mental Health Worker-Residential Treatment in one of our STRTP homes, you will be responsible for the supervision and care of our youth between the ages of 10-18. SCCS group homes provide a structured and therapeutic environment for our youth through a team based and relational approach. Responsibilities of Mental Health Worker-Residential Treatment include participating in activities, providing therapeutic interventions, providing positive reinforcement, setting limits and enforcing rules, monitoring behavior, preparing meals, maintaining the cleanliness of the house and dispensing medication.
Benefits and/or PTO offered for employees scheduled 20+ hours per week.
For more than 30 years, SCCS has provided care, counseling, coaching and essential mental health services for children, teen, young adults and their families. As specialists in the field of mental health, SCCS employees possess diverse professional skills equipping us as a team to treat each client’s unique needs.
Looking to make a difference…please apply!
Education/Experience – must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree
- Valid Child Development Teaching Permit
- Completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
- A valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
- A valid vocational training certificate, credential, or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth as a mentor, athletic coach, teacher, vocational coach, tutor, counselor, or other relevant experience.
- Previous employment as a full time staff or served as a volunteer at a group home, STRTP, or substance abuse treatment program for at least one year.
- Relevant life experience in the child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice systems as a consumer, mentor, caregiver or other relevant experience.
Must be at least 21 years of age
PLEASE APPLY AT https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=8576&clientkey=98B9C53096E257504087145C46120BA5
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
SCCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For general information or questions on how to apply, please call us at 877-527-7227.
South Coast Community Services
Why Work Here?Founded in 1984, South Coast Community Services (SCCS) set out to take a leadership role in filling a critical hole in the safety net of our communities. SCCS saw a significant and under-met need to provide shelter, care, therapy and essential support services for those who are too often left behind: abused, neglected and underprivileged children and youth. Over the intervening 30+ years, SCCS has grown and expanded to provide a wide variety of services in homes, in clinics, and in community settings to people in all walks of life who "sometimes need a little help". SCCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For general information or questions on how to apply, please call us at 877-527-7227.
We are an agency comprised of dedicated mental health professionals.
Costa Mesa, CA