Maintenance Mechanic 1
South Coast Baking Springdale, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Participates in the maintenance and repair of plant, lab and office equipment along with the building structure(s), parking lots and outside grounds. Ensure that the plant equipment is in good and safe working condition at all times, to prevent production down time. Other duties may be assigned by department supervisor/manager.
- Participates in pro-active maintenance to include all equipment and machinery in the plant to keep equipment and machinery in safe working condition.
- Troubleshoot and repairs equipment as required.
- Responds to all maintenance calls in a timely manner and perform preventative maintenance
- Assists Maintenance Mechanic A in conducting all preventative maintenance checks and services on assigned equipment.
- Performs PM’s to standard and initiate actions to correct deficiencies as well as maintains accurate records on PM’s conducted and makes recommendations to improve operational status of all equipment.
- Makes necessary repairs to equipment through adjusting, repairing or replacing mechanical or electrical system parts and components, using various tools. Test and adjust repaired systems for proper performance. Reads and interpret drawings, specifications and shop manuals.
- Fabricates parts by operation of grinders, drill presses, air compressors and other related shop equipment and tools.
- Confidentiality requirement to have access to entire facility and all equipment specifications.
- Must comprehend, adhere and comply with all GMP’s and Food safety requirements.
- Keeps satisfactory work and attendance record.
- Attends all company required training.
- Good communication skills (i.e. with Line Leads / Supervisors and co-workers).
- Demonstrates good team work practices.
- Responsible for clean-up of the work area.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Comply with all food safety requirements, training, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- (High school diploma or general education degree GED, or one/two years of related experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate solid electrical and pneumatic skills (PLC’s).
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Forklift certified or the ability to become certified
- Requires strong oral, written, and communication skills. Bilingual a plus (Spanish).
- Requires operational knowledge of computer and Microsoft office software.
Requirements (Physical, Work Environment, Mental)
FREQUENCY KEY (based on a standard 40-hour work week)
= Occasional 0-2.5 hours/day (1% - 33% of time)
= Constant 5.5+ hours/day (over 66% of time)
= Rarely (less than 1 hour/week)
= Frequent 2.5-5.5 hours/day (34% - 66% of time)
Under 10 lbs.
Under 10 lbs.
Fingering (fine dexterity)
Handling (grasping, holding)
Over 100 lbs.
Over 100 lbs.
Reach Over Head
Reach Over Shoulder
South Coast Baking
AutomotiveView all jobs at South Coast Baking