Pharmacy Procurement Specialist
- Expired: September 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Pharmacy Procurement Specialist is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in carrying out the duties of running a hospital pharmacy, only performing those duties permitted by law. In addition, this person will purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets for the Pharmaceutical Department.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvement
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications · Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and OJEU guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers · Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues Self Management
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together
- Proactively contributes to the team and team development
- Conduct rounds to the nursing units at a minimum of every 2 hours; picking up and delivering medications. All non-IV medications will be placed in the automated dispensing units where applicable. All IV medications will be properly stored in the refrigerator or automated dispensing unit tower section.
- Ensure that medication rooms on the various nursing units are kept free of medication "clutter" and that all medications are secure (inside the automated dispensing units).
- Develops and maintains a good rapport with intra- and interdepartmental personnel.
- Maintains an adequate level of inventory on the nursing divisions by generating replenishment reports, filling, and delivering medications. Completes monthly unit inspections for outdated, overstocked or inappropriate medications.
- Fills first-dose unit dose medication orders and assists in first-dose IV admixtures and IV fluids in a timely manner under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Ensures all daily manual charges are processed in a timely manner.
- Answers and fields phone-calls into the department.
- Completes narcotic deliveries to the nursing units.
- Completes and maintains refrigerator and/or freezer temperature logs in the pharmacy department on a daily basis.
- Completes zone inspections monthly for outdated medication, and maintains the pharmacy free of outdated medication.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of facilities, equipment, and supplies. Fills unit dose carts and completes other technician duties if needed.
- Attends departmental and other meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
South City Hospital
AddressSaint Louis, MO
BusinessView all jobs at South City Hospital
Get fresh Pharmacy Procurement Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.