CENTINELA YOUTH SERVICES (CYS), INC.
A Private Nonprofit Corporation
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Program Coordinator II – Project Coordinator
Full Time Temporary
The mission of Centinela Youth Services, Inc. (CYS) is to strengthen families and communities by empowering youth to resolve conflicts and overcome obstacles in order to become successful students and contributing adults. CYS is a 501c3 non-profit, restorative justice organization established in 1975 to provide mediation and conflict resolution services to at-risk youth. CYS operates a variety of innovative programs that are proven to increase student performance; reduce school dropout rates, gang involvement, youth violence and crime and ultimately help preserve families.
This is a full-time temporary position (3-6 mos). Salary is commensurate with experience. All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 60-90-day employment introductory period. Our benefits program includes a 50% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), time off accruals and holiday pay. Dental, vision and supplemental insurances are also available.
This position is based at our Hawthorne Office, with occasional meetings and events at our Inglewood, South LA and/or Pacoima offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school OR 2-5 years in a relevant position.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer services skills
- Must be able to handle stress and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to pass background clearances.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, have use of a motor vehicle and be able to provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for managing operational projects as assigned. Under the supervision of the CYS, Inc. Operations Manager and/or assigned supervisor, the duties of the Project Coordinator include, but are not limited to the following:
General Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
Performing duties for this position may require spending the majority of the day walking, standing and sitting. Applicant must also be able to work well under stress and meet deadlines.