After School Program Facilitator (Youth Programs Assistant)
South Bay Workforce Investment Board Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
SOUTH BAY WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARD, INC.
A Private Nonprofit Corporation
The is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth Programs Assistant I (After School Program Facilitator)
The South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (SBWIB, Inc.) is seeking an energized, motivated and competent individual with excellent people and customer service skills to function as a Youth Programs Assistant. This person will undertake a variety of administrative and program tasks, including planning and organizing programs after-school activities for the youth who frequent our center. The ideal person should be able to take initiative as well as productively manage his/her time with or without supervision, while working in a potentially fast-paced environment. This person must have great time-management, professional and communication skills and must be comfortable working and communicating with diverse teams. Overall, the work of the Youth Programs Assistant will be critical in ensuring that the team meets its goals in an efficient and organized manner.
Salary & Benefits
This is a part-time position (20 hours/week), paying an hourly wage of $17.19. There are no benefits associated with this position. Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 2pm-6pm.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent, graduate with an Associate’s Degree in a related field and/or related experience is preferred.
- Should have good working knowledge of administrative procedures with at least two (2) years of similar experience or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of this position. Education may be substituted by experience on a year-for-year basis.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, positively and effectively with others of diverse groups is a must.
- Must have good MS Word and EXCEL skills, and strong customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Must also demonstrate dependability, promptness, punctuality and professionalism at all times.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects in a timely manner and work well under pressure.
- Lastly, this person must be able to successfully pass background and reference clearances; have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and current vehicle insurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Youth Program Coordinator or other assigned supervisor, the Youth Programs Assistant is responsible for implementing the Leadership Program in which duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and facilitate successful academic, enrichment and recreational activities that will improve the life skills of youth in the community, including planning, leading and assessing outcomes of workshops;
- Assist Teen Center Coordinator with preparation for community partners’ meetings, assisting in identifying and communicating community service projects needed in the community;
- Support youth as they plan, lead and assess community based events;
- Organize small group discussions with youth after events are completed to collectively assess the strengths and areas for improvement;
- Assist in recruitment and outreach to students, families and volunteers;
- Assist with the completion of various program reports as well as the collection of data to create statistical reports of student’s outcomes;
- Participate in meetings, events, or other special activities;
- Make building rounds while providing encouragement and inspiration;
- May supervise students and provide functional guidance, support and motivation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Applying for this position connotes an understanding and acceptance of duty in light of potential risk relating to COVID-19 as you will be required to interface with multiple team members and visit numerous locations. Performing duties of this position will require you to often wear protective equipment as necessary (e.g. mask, gloves, etc.,) and follow company protective measures as enforced. Note: Measures may change based on level of safety concerns. You may also be required to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting at a desk and traveling to other office locations, with some lifting and bending. Must have excellent time management skills, be able to work independently or with a team, be able to work well under stress and meet deadlines. Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is a must. Must also be able to travel to other locations for trainings, conferences and/or meetings within or outside our local area.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com for consideration. Recruitment for this position will end upon receipt of a sufficient number of résumés. Only those applicants with the most relevant qualifications and knowledge will be invited to participate in the oral interview. No phone calls please.
The SBWIB, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
The SBWIB, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Therefore, applicants who may need reasonable accommodations or other assistance in relation to a physical or mental disability or religion, at any point within the application process or thereafter if hired, should immediately inform SBWIB, Inc. by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Bay Workforce Investment Board
AddressLos Angeles, CA