As a leading community clinic system, South Bay Family Health Care (SBFHC) provides high-quality care to underserved populations throughout the South Bay and Harbor Gateway communities.
We currently have two opportunities for a bilingual (English/Spanish) Behavioral Health Specialist:
- 16 hours/week at our Inglewood clinic (ongoing, contract position) - $3200/month
- 24 hours/week at our Gardena clinic (temporary, contract position) - $4800/month
The Behavioral Health Specialist is responsible for working in concert with Clinicians and Patient Care Specialists to provide behavioral health and psychotherapy to the patients of SBFHC’s primary care program, as well as to underserved community members in need of mental health services.
- Assist in the assessment, planning, arranging, and implementing of psychosocial interventions.
- Perform short term counseling and crisis intervention, as necessary.
- Conduct a limited number of home visits to older patients, if needed.
- Spearhead education and counseling programs for both individual patients or groups of patients and serve as liaison to community, individuals and groups as appropriate.
- Counsel patients and interpret to professional and lay groups the special psychosocial needs of patients by identifying psychosocial disorders.
- Provide support to patients who want to improve health outcomes.
- Collect information related to psychosocial status and patterns of population groups as directed.
- Review and evaluate recent psychosocial health research and interpret it to professionals and patients.
- Prepare psychosocial educational materials as needed or required.
- Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health and other staff members in the provision of services to patients. Provide referrals for services needed.
- Coordinate with other organizational entities involved in psychosocial and mental health services.
- Demonstrate complete discretion when discussing patient information; adhere to strict standards regarding patient confidentiality, informed consent and disclosure as required by HIPAA, California law and agency policy.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Psychologist, LMFT or LCSW with a valid license from the state of California with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity.
- Experience working with underserved populations preferred.
- Must have knowledge of current educational and psychosocial intervention procedures.
- Must have knowledge of basic technology and technological systems.
- Must be able to perform clinical responsibilities within the organization’s established guidelines in an organized, efficient manner
- Must be able to relate and communicate well to all cultural and ethnic groups in the community
- Must be able to work within a team setting and with volunteers; and support the goals of the organization.
- Must be technologically savvy.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
South Bay Family Health Care (SBFHC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local "Fair Chance" ordinances.
South Bay Family HealthcareSouth Bay Family Health Care, a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), celebrating 50 years of meeting the safety-net health care needs of Los Angeles County’s South Bay and Harbor Gateway communities, is diligently working to continue its mission to provide access to health care for individuals and families, well into the future.