Are you a Licensed Vocational Nurse and would like to work in a nice private practice office setting with regular business hours? If you answered yes, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Successful allergy & asthma practice with an excellent reputation of serving the South Bay community for over 30 years is looking for full and part-time Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) to join our team of dedicated professionals.
The right candidate will be a trustworthy, friendly, positive, optimistic, highly organized, team player motivated by helping others.
Must be able to communicate well, prioritize effectively; remain calm, focused, pleasant, and effective under stress; and comfortable with technology (EMR, email, chat, navigating insurance websites, etc.)
Clinical experience, scheduling flexibility, and an Associate or Bachelors degree is highly desirable, but we are willing to train the right person. New grad LVN's OK.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Rooming patients for excellent patient flow
- Administering allergy injections, specialty biologics, venom therapy, nebulizer treatments, inhalers, and other medications
- Performing allergy skin testing, oral food and medication ingestion challenges, spirometry
- Filing prescriptions as per established protocols and doctors' directions
- Mixing immunotherapy treatment sets
- Performing patient education: medication usage, environmental control; anaphylaxis treatment and management
- Triage phone calls, act as a liaison between patients and doctors, and document in patient records
- Assisting with general phone calls and scheduling
- Administrative duties including, but not limited to, completing prior authorizations, insurance appeals, school forms, light scheduling, and general phone calls
- Stocking and maintaining adequate supply levels, prep exam rooms
- Contribute to the positive practice culture of Trust and Teamwork
The practice will provide: a pleasant and supportive office/clinic environment, with nice office hours (hours between7:30am-7pm, no late night shifts, and possible occasional Saturday mornings), a positive and cooperative team environment, training, competitive compensation package (dependant on education and experience); paid vacation, sick time, and holidays; 401K and profit sharing.