Job Title: Quality Inspector
Location: Greenville, SC
Department: Quality Control
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: QC Manager
This job requires high attention to detail and the ability to learn, retain and relay to all associates USPS regulations. Must learn, understand and communicate quality processes to ensure adequate verification for all processed materials. Quality inspections and quality issue reporting are tools used to provide feedback and training opportunities within the process. Works with shift supervisors to address and correct quality problems. Must ensure all procedures and client-specific specifications are being followed and verified.
- Inspecting work performed in both Digital Print and Lettershop
- Providing feedback to employees and supervisors on quality audit checks
- Reporting all quality problems found during inspections into the Quality Issues log in Direct Link
- Identifying and actively solving problems discovered during inspection process
- Maintains and reports records related to Errors and On-Time Delivery in a timely fashion
- Participate in the analysis of the information captured and helping develop processes or procedures to address where appropriate
- Entering deficiencies in the verification process into Quality Issues log in Direct Link
- Update record and image quantities in DirectLink
- Environmental Conditions: While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to dust/airborne particles. The noise level for this work environment is usually moderate.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): Certain PPE may be required while performing specific job functions.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach with arms and hands.
- Must be able to lift trays weighing up to 30 pounds, and push or pull containers weighing up to 500 pounds on a wheeled device.
- Visual acuity required for PC work; reading of materials and for performing visual/physical quality inspections.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Position requires a High School Diploma or GED, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures
- Successfully pass the USPS MPQC exam within first 6 months
- Perform quality inspections at each machine as required
- Provide daily feedback to operators as needed
- Ensure zero externally-detected errors
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO Statement: SourceLink is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for racial and ethnic minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
BCBS Health Insurance, Delta Dental, 401k
Job Start/End Date: 25-Oct-2019 to 24-Dec-2019 (EST)
Location: Greenville, SC, USA
Employment Type: Full Time