Senior Medical Laboratory Tech
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Medical Lab Technician
We are looking for one full-time senior lab technician who is interested in pediatric primary care.
We pride ourselves on being a fantastic place to work, with a family-like atmosphere among staff.
We hope that whoever joins our team will be with us for the long haul, as many of our employees have chosen.
Below is a little about our practice. Our Practice has been around for more than 90 years.
We emphasize the importance of individualized, personalized care and we are committed to providing the best possible care for children, adolescents, and young adults.
We aim for continuity, always trying to have each patient see their own doctor and nurse at each visit.
By always seeing the same doctor and nurse, the children and their parents become quite comfortable and form long-term relationships with their care providers.
We love getting to know our patients and their families.
We are proud to have an in-office laboratory so that we may expedite and individualize treatment plans.
We are committed to facilitating excellent communication between our patients and their pediatrician and nurse.
One of our physicians is available 24/7 and we are open 365 days a year.
- Performs routine and specialized clinical lab tests for use in the diagnosis and treatment of patients by physicians.
- Collects and properly handles venous and capillary blood specimens.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
- Assists in the implementation and evaluation of new projects including the development of policies and procedures and consideration of new lab equipment.
- Properly collects blood samples from venous and capillary sites as required by the clinic.
- Identifies and labels specimens.
- Properly handles all specimens including prompt preparation for outside lab transport, special tube requirements, on ice, as needed, preparation and preservation, without contamination, etc.
- Performs all routine and specialized lab tests trained for as assigned.
- Runs maintain, and/or repairs laboratory equipment.
- Performs and documents quality control samples in the assigned work area.
- Performs microscopic white blood cell differentials and microscopic urinalysis
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment and instruments.
- Reports and responses to physician inquiries regarding lab results.
- Follow established guidelines for reporting STAT results and critical values, and properly documenting calls.
- Appropriate English language ability in order to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and other related documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics, logs, and files to comply with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies, i.e. CLIA.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Medical Director, Lab Manager, or office manager including scheduling, ordering supplies from preferred vendors, etc.
Must possess basic computer skills and medical terminology.
Must have at least six (6) years of experience in each of the following categories Phlebotomy, Waived, and Non-waived testing.
Licensure Requirement Current MLT or MT certification Hours:
Monday Friday patient care hours are 9 am to 5 pm, staff is expected to arrive by 8:45 am and can often leave by 5:15 pm if their daily work is done.
Laboratory staff staggers their hours to cover end-of-day tasks.
Saturday, Sunday, and holidays we are open for sick visits.
Patient care starts at 9:30 am.
Full-time staff may be asked to work a weekend if needed.
- paid vacation 2 weeks/yr for the first 6 years then 3 weeks/yr
- paid sick leave 3 days first 3 years then 5 days
- paid Federal holidays when the office is closed
- paid parking in a covered garage
- Reimbursement for nurses DC license fees
- Health Insurance Coverage (75% paid by employer)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance up to $50,000, and long-term disability (premium paid by employer)
- Dental Insurance available
- supplemental insurances are available
- competitive salary
- 401K with profit sharing and Safe Harbor
Get fresh Science Lab Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.