Sourced Hire Rockville, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Would you like to be part of a growing practice? Do you want/need health benefits and great hours?
A mid-size and growing Ophthalmology practice seeks an experienced Ophthalmic Tech. Certification a plus but not required. Must have a substantial understanding of an ophthalmic practice (and experience), as well as knowledge of ophthalmic medical instruments and testing equipment and the proper care and usage of them.
Duties will include:
- Visual acuity measurements near and far, with and without glasses
- Obtaining Eye glass information manually or via automated lensometry
- Ocular motility screening
- Auto refractions with glare testing
- Intraocular pressure tonometry
- Visual Fields
- A Scan
- B Scan
- Amsler Grid
- Ishihara and/or HRR color vision testing
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school education required.
- Certification as an Ophthalmic Assistant or Ophthalmic Tech a plus but not required. COA or COT.
- Two or more years experience working in an Ophthalmology practice or clinic.
- Prefer someone bilingual (any language).
Excellent pay and benefits provided.