Sr. Systems Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WE ARE GROWING – YET AGAIN!
We are looking for Senior Systems Engineers to join our growing team in the Greater Milwaukee/Waukesha area! The primary responsibility is to provide network, server, cloud and cybersecurity support services for our customers. A strong candidate will be able to provide on-going technical support services and planning for our current and future clients.
WE WANT THE BEST! Is that you?
- Do you have a track record of regularly out-performing other colleagues on your job?
- Do you feel like your technical skills and experience are better than most other engineers you’ve worked alongside?
- Do you feel under-appreciated or unhappy with your current employer?
- Do you feel under-compensated in your current position?
If so, we want to talk with you! Source One Technology, an engineer-led organization, is proud to announce that through over 15 years of business, we have retained 98%+ of our employees and recently became a winner of the Milwaukee Business Journal's 2022 Best Places to Work! Our team members love working for Source One Technology — and you will even get a chance to talk to them during the interview process to find out the reasons why!
We can be VERY flexible with potential candidates, and offer the following options:
- Full time employment (compensation from $90k-$130k/year – depending on experience)
- Flexible scheduling (you set your own schedule!)
- Ability to work from home/remote with some projects/customers
- Low-stress work environments
- Our employees are not over-worked or expected to work unreasonable hours
- Our employees rarely need to work off-hours (late nights/weekend)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Health Insurance Benefits
- 401k (with company match)
- Regular bonuses
- Education Assistance Program
The ideal engineer will be knowledgeable and well-versed in many (not necessarily all) of the following areas:
- Managed switches (HPE Aruba, Cisco, Juniper)
- 11ac/ax Wireless (HPE Aruba/Cisco/Ubiquiti)
- Firewall and security appliances (Fortinet/Cisco/Palo Alto/SonicWall)
- Public/Hybrid Cloud Services (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/DRaaS)
- Microsoft 365 / Azure / Exchange
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Storage Area Networks
- Day-to-day System Administration of servers/networks
Knowledge, skills, and other abilities preferred (but not necessarily required):
- Comprehensive LAN/WAN experience for routing, switching, ACLs, and VLANs
- Advanced Networking Concepts (SD-WAN, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Strong understanding of IPv4 and subnetting
- Ability to administer and design small to large-scale Active Directory environments
- Proven competence in Virtualization technologies
- Familiarity with industry-standard Backup Solutions (Veeam or Datto)
- VDI Solutions (Microsoft/Citrix/VMWare)
- Experience with various anti-virus, anti-spam, and content filtering systems
- Current and general cybersecurity concepts and awareness
- Advanced troubleshooting, diagnostic and problem-solving capabilities (extremely important!)
Personal skills required:
- Organizational skills with the ability to multitask and handle multiple projects/clients
- Demonstrate a high-level of detail to all project tasks
- Highly motivated and independent (a self-starter)
- Regularly provide excellent communication skills, follow-ups, and presentation skills
- Willingness to learn and remain current on best-practices, emerging trends and
- Applicants should have at least 7+ years of high-level networking/server support experience
- Working with customers on-site and light travel to provide IT support in SE Wisconsin area
To apply, you must send/include the following information:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
(**ALL 3 SHOULD BE BE INCLUDED**) <--- PLEASE READ THIS
Don’t be ordinary or average… IMPRESS US!! MAKE YOURSELF STAND OUT!!
333 Bishops WayBrookfield, WI
Get fresh Senior System Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.