ProductionSummary of Position
The operator is responsible for setting up and operating equipment used to fold, match, and/or insert multiple pieces of printed material(s) into an envelope. Operators must be able to trouble-shoot equipment and provide proper adjustments to meet established hourly production standards. Operators must be able to sort and prepare mail according to the USPS regulations, and work in a team-oriented environment.Scorecard
- Completes assigned machine schedule
- Allows zero externally-detected errors
- Proficient at minimum of two different machine types
- Set-up and maintenance
- Set up their own machine(s)
- Trouble-shoot equipment and provide proper adjustments to meet established hourly production standards
- Maintain equipment by general cleaning, and maintain an organized, safe, and clean work area
- Notify Production Supervisor or on-site service technician of any mechanical service required or machine malfunctions
- Ensure proper sorting of inserted mail according to USPS requirements
- Accurately reconcile diverted mail pieces, recording all spoilage needing for reprints
- Accurately track time each job
- Effectively use the quality control procedures while processing mail pieces, along with monitoring quality of the final insertion at output
- Properly record damaged documents or mail pieces and request reprints as needed
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality
- Maintain an organized, safe, and clean work area
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of USPS regulations preferred
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to be able to stand on feet for at least 8 hours/day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
This job description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not all-inclusive, nor portrays the specific duties of any one employee and is not to be considered an employee agreement.
SourceLink is proudly a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug testing and background checks are required.
SourceLink is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro