Title: Azure DevSecOps Engineer
Location: Tampa, FL OR Remote
No one outside of the USA will be considered.
Type: Full Time/Direct
Our client does not provide sponsorship now or in the future, no Corp to Corp or Vendors.
Our client is located in Tampa, FL but the position is 100% remote. We are seeking a DevSecOps Engineer that is located in the USA. This is a high demand and highly collaborative work culture and the successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a high volume, highly available culture.
The Engineer is a professional technical communicator & domain expert with a high level of understanding of, DevOps, Software Development, Enterprise Transformation, Application Rationalization, Cloud, Containers and more.
You must have demonstrated experience in taking ownership of identifying and optimizing infrastructure and platform life cycle adjustments.
The DevSecOps engineer will report to the Senior Manager of DevOps and will be part of the global Agile Delivery organization.
As an engineer, you work directly with both developers and other engineers to identify and strategize on protecting our clients cloud workloads and implementing business solutions with a security-first focus.
Your job includes representing DevSecOps on calls with other colleagues, leading with subject matter expertise, leveling up the conversation. You must have a personality that can create solutions to existing or upcoming needs and be willing to defend your recommendation with proper justification and evidence. You will be tasked with both strategic and tactical deliverables, creating technical documentation, and providing technical and strategic guidance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
• Automate processes and procedures to create highly resilient and secure infrastructure.
• Implement and make recommendations based on threat assessments at the network, server, and endpoint levels
• Involved in Threat Hunting exercises and take a purple team approach to security in the environment
• Assist in performing investigations of anomalous activity and creating actionable reports to senior management.
• Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls
• Stay current on security industry trends and implement best practices within DevOps
• Design and implement Azure cloud-based DevSecOps processes and tools
• 3 to 5 Years of relevant DevOps Experience required
- Experience with DevOps related tooling & applications (i.e. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Terraform etc.)
- Experience with Security related practices and applications
- Related certifications in security will be preferred (i.e. Security+, OWASP etc.)
- Experience with Cloud & DevOps practices (i.e. Azure, AWS, etc.)
- 3+ years working in Network, Windows, or Linux systems administration; Experience in Information security preferred
Experience with Powershell / Python or other scripting languages
Exposure to deploying and managing cloud based infrastructure
Understanding of networking technologies and protocols: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF and IPSEC VPN
SIEM technology experience preferred
Understanding of CI/CD pipeline and how to assess from a security point of view
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree with Computer Information Systems Field of Study preferred.
Azure Certifications are ideal (Azure Cloud, Azure Architect, Azure Engineer)
Source Select Group
Why Work Here?Source Select Group is an Staffing and Recruiting firm in the Tampa Bay Area specializing in contract, direct hire and project placement. We represent some of the top employers in Tampa.
Our client is a recognized leader in their industry offering a collaborative, fun, and work/life balance schedule. Exciting growth occurring