Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
SSM DePaul Hospital has been serving the St. Louis metro area since 1828 and offers the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Louis County and the only Level II Trauma Center in North St. Louis County. The hospital is home to several Centers of Excellence and utilizes the most advanced technology available.
- 476-bed hospital
- Established team of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 20-bed ICU - Medical/Surgical/Neuro/Cardiac
- Comprehensive health care center with state-of-the-art comprehensive programs to include: Robotic Surgery Institute, Neurosciences Institute, Heart Institute (offering the latest in minimally invasive valve replacement and repair)
- Subspecialty programs including (but not limited to): Orthopedics, Cancer Care, Breast Care, Maternity Care, Surgical Services, Behavioral Health Services, Center for Sleep Disorders, Imaging Services, Weight-Loss Institute, and Pain Care Center.
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound?s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.p>
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
- Excellent shift based compensation
- CME allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage including full tail coverage
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
- Relocation Allowance, 401(k), Path to Partnership
- MD or DO
- Must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine and be able to obtain a Missouri license.
- Eligible to work in the United States; Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
The hospital is located in a welcoming suburb of St. Louis, serving patients across the St. Louis metropolitan area. Conveniently located near local and international transportation hubs, the community offers a diverse array of housing options in the immediate area as well as throughout the metro St. Louis area. New construction and historic homes abound, in addition to community-style living. St. Louis offers a rich history and cultural diversity for individuals and families of all backgrounds.