Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
St. Mary?s Regional Medical Center is a 233-bed acute care hospital serving the Lewiston and Auburn areas of Maine and 30 minutes north of Portland. St. Mary?s is also a member of Covenant Health Systems and recognized for achievements in quality, patient safety, and other areas. The hospitalist team lives the hospital values: respect, excellence, compassion, and stewardship. They are affiliated with the Tufts Maine Track program. Medical Students from Tufts University are provided additional training and mentorship in several rural Maine programs, including St Mary?s.
- Established 6 physician team with 1 advanced practitioner and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU with excellent on-staff sub-specialty backup
- No procedures required
- Codes ran by ER physicians
- Open to internal medicine or family medicine trained physicians
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound?s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute?, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians? Path to Partnership? track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Lewiston boasts numerous destination restaurants and festivals, community-building events like a weekly Farmer?s Market and monthly Art Walk, and an active arts and culture calendar of events. In addition to outdoor recreation opportunities right here in town (e.g., hiking at Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary or kayaking on the Androscoggin River), we are less than an hour?s drive from the ocean, the mountains, and any number of gorgeous lakes and interesting towns and small cities. (Living and working in Lewiston, ME)
- World-class hiking, sailing, skiing, and beaches combined with affordable living opportunities make for a high-quality lifestyle
- Excellent private and public school systems and one of the lowest crime rates in the United States
- Centrally located hour to Portland, ME and Augusta, ME. Easily catch a flight to anywhere in the country via Portland International Jetport