The Embedded Software Verification Engineer, Advanced Product Engineering is responsible for driving all aspects of assigned tasks for the company’s premier wireless, wearable medical device, ViSi Mobile. The ideal candidate will have well established skill sets and broad experience across embedded software verification, low level software, and hardware interfaces. The candidate will need to design and implement an automated test interface for the ViSi Mobile.
In this role, the Embedded Software Verification Engineer will be expected to build cross-functional relationships to be a success, not only for themselves, but in supporting the culture and future successes at Sotera Wireless. Being a driver for the assigned tasks and projects, mentoring, and pushing best practices are some of the key leadership traits needed in this role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Design and implement automated test system for ViSi products.
· Collaborate and implement hooks in the embedded software for automated testing.
· Develop and execute verification tests.
· Integrate unit test framework into codebase and interface to continuous integration build system.
· Collaborate and mentor team in the development of effective unit testing.
· Participate in the design, development, and testing of embedded software and related utilities.
· Create engineering documentation and design specifications.
· Participate in code reviews.
· Participate in electronics hardware reviews.
· Advise SQA group on verification and validation issues.
· Troubleshoot software design and coding issues.
· Provide support for customer and manufacturing issues.
· Adhere to all necessary protocols and processes defined by the company to meet regulatory requirements.
· Write documentation related to V&V activities in compliance with quality and regulatory standards to meet FDA requirements.
· Assist in the evaluation and resolution of field complaints.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
· Theoretical knowledge typically achieved through a related four-year college experience, such as a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science; or eight years’ experience embedded software verification engineering.
· At least three years' experience with embedded software/firmware verification or related.
· At least three years’ experience programming in Python.