Sosland Publishing is seeking an experienced IT helpdesk professional to provide technical support solutions to internal and remote users through the use of best practices, documented procedures and past experiences.
· Provide high quality customer service to employees by building relationships and trust through appropriate communication and responsive service while troubleshooting complex IT issues.
· Provide first level technical support to local and remote users in a networked environment via telephone, remote control, e-mail and desk side visits.
· Diagnose, resolve and track issues on PCs, Tablets, Smartphones and related applications.
· Provide support for business applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe products and LOB (line of business) applications.
· In addition to computer repairs, troubleshoot other equipment, including printers, fax machines, phones and any specialized equipment.
· Support networked printers, including multi-functional devices and coordinate service as required.
· Appropriately escalate requests or incidents to the next tier of support with necessary information and documented history.
· Rollout, rebuild, upgrade and maintain hardware (desktops, laptops, tables, smartphones, etc.), software and peripherals.
· Interpret and/or discuss information with others involving terminology or concepts not familiar to many people
· Document work through ticketing system (ServiceDesk Plus experience preferred)
· Build knowledge documents as part of an evolving solutions database and service catalog.
· Work on multiple special projects as required.
· Occasional offsite work based on business needs.
· Associate Degree or equivalent work experience in IT helpdesk support
· Certification in Information Technology, CompTIA A+ and/or ITIL preferred
· Two (2) or more years of experience supporting Windows desktops and Microsoft Office in a network environment.
· Experience communicating with all levels of an organization via reports, email, verbal communication, and small group communication.
· Ability to independently troubleshoot and identify solutions.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and schedule activities.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office apps preferred (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
· Experience with Adobe products strongly preferred (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.)
· Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Continuous improvement of technical knowledge
This position is in an office setting. Responsibilities occasionally require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. Lifting of up to 50 lbs. may be required.
This position is located in Kansas City, MO. Relocation reimbursement is not offered.