Legal Assistant - Post-Judgment Department
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Legal Assistant position works with the assigned attorneys primarily in the designed area of law with periodic cross over support in other legal concentrations within the firm. This position is responsible for client communication, drafting of routine pleadings, file management and general office duties.
- Set up files electronically, sort and organize content ensuring all files are kept neat, accurate and available when needed.
- Prepare routine pleadings and correspondence for review by attorney.
- Proofread and finalize letters, agreements, and other work output from attorney.
- Maintain calendar for attorneys.
- Responsible for tracking and recording time as it relates to billing for legal assistants and attorneys.
- Serve as primary contact with clients ensuring frequent, clear and effective communication.
- Responsible for electronic filings of legal documents through applicable state e-filing system.
- Always maintain confidentiality of all client communication and case details.
- Attend work as scheduled.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Attention to Detail.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, electronic filing systems/physical paper filing systems, scanners and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb stairs throughout the work day; reach and bend at the waist and knee; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with hours generally Monday through Friday.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Up to one year of office experience required.
- Moderate level of computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Some experience in a law firm and/or a financial institution is preferred.
- Previous experience in creditors rights practice is favorable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sorenson Van Leuven Law Firm
2015 Delta BoulevardTallahassee, FL
Get fresh Legal Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.