Bookkeeper & Administrative Assistant
- $50,000 to $58,000 Yearly
We are looking for a full-time Bookkeeping and Administrative Assistant to join our Los Angeles team!
Sorensen Architects, Inc. is an award-winning, LEED Accredited Architecture, Interior Design, Importing, and General Contracting Firm focused on exceptional designs that help people live better and healthier lives. We are looking to welcome a new team member who is eager to be a part of our creative platform and is passionate about design and new technologies.
Selected candidates must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and believe in being a team- player. They must possess a positive, can-do attitude - no task is too big or too small. A pleasing personality with strong communication skills is highly valued. Strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills are essential to succeeding within this position. All will have the ability to write clearly and are proficient with word processing applications.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate; one that is looking for exposure to a variety of tasks and departments with tremendous growth opportunities. S|A is a collaborative office and is always open to staff initiatives and ideas for development and growth.
This position will support executives, upper management and design staff with a variety of operational and administrative needs including: basic office administration; meeting and event preparation; database and file system development and organization; basic bookkeeping and project management analyses and assignments; human resources; office standards and processes development and maintenance; and marketing and PR initiatives.
- Perform general office management duties and errands
- Receive and properly transfer/ assist all incoming calls and communications
- Receive and greet all guests, clients, and visitors
- Coordinate, schedule, and attend a variety of meetings; prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes
- Coordinate and assist with internal and external office events including catering, reservations, travel accommodations, and registration needs
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail and package deliveries
- Manage internal office and project-related filing systems and paperwork
- Maintain professional and organized office common areas
- Coordinate and manage all office maintenance and facilities improvements
- Order, recommend and organize all office supplies; monitor and follow annual budget
- Field a variety of random staff requests including: meeting preparation, errands, troubleshooting, graphics, etc.
- Coordinate general IT functions, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Provide administrative support to Executives including managing time-sheets, drafting emails, arranging travel, scheduling meetings and maintaining calendars
Finance + Marketing:
- Assist with basic bookkeeping responsibilities, billing, deposits and report directly to Controller, Supervisor
- Create, maintain, and enter information into multiple office software/ CRM databases
- Assist Controller with project planning, profitability, and analyses
- File and retrieve corporate records, documents, and reports
- Assist with social media campaigns and responses as needed
- Assist with development of marketing and PR events, collateral, etc. as needed
Client + Project Related:
- Aid in permit processing and consultant coordination for projects
- Assist project teams with meeting preparation, presentations, and client relations management
- Support construction projects with administration, scheduling, billing order and related project management tasks
- Prepare and coordinate meeting agendas, minutes and coordination
- Foster client and collaborator relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to follow and create efficient systems and operational processes and standards
- Strong professional and written communication skills with ability to take direction is a must
- Positive and professional attitude to maintain desired work environment
- Follow through and follow up are critical to this position
- A proactive vs. reactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making abilities
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse environment
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and organization skills
- Independent + efficient; ability to work well under limited supervision
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word/Pages Processing, Excel/Numbers, required
- Experience with QuickBooks and BQE BillQuick software systems a plus; as well as a high aptitude to learn new software as required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Macintosh experience a plus
- 1-2 years’ experience as an office/executive assistant or related position (please mention relevance within your cover letter)
- Must have a valid driver’s license with required insurance
- Must have current legal documentation and authorization to work in the United States
- Full-time, salaried position
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skill level
- Comprehensive Health + PTO benefit packages
- S|A sponsored participation and attendance at continued education/ technical training conferences and seminars
- Quarterly team events + outings
- Office drinks and snacks
S|A provides a welcoming and creative work environment where employees are encouraged to engage with the team and grow along with all of us!
Please email a cover letter and resume with current contact information in PDF format (only) to the following address: email@example.com. Please make sure to let us know why you are right for the position and want to join our team!
NO CALLS PLEASE [All selected candidates will be contacted directly by S|A.]
Sorensen Architects, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Sorensen Architects, Inc.
5855 Green Valley CircleCulver City, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.