Sr. Investigator, Investigative Services
The Sr. Investigator works as a member of the Investigative Services team. This position will report to the Director of Investigations and work closely with various stakeholders in the company, such as Legal, Legal Compliance, Employee Relations, Security, Finance and Production management.
The team investigates various types of matters such as internal misconduct, fraud, content protection issues, and assists SPE's Legal teams by providing technical assistance pertaining to legal matters.
The Sr. Investigator is responsible for performing day-to-day investigative activities to support the company's investigation processes globally. An ideal candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, effective analytical skills, an aptitude for customer service and robust Internet research abilities, specifically relating to social media platforms.
As a member of Investigative Services, the Sr. Investigator position will need an advanced understanding of investigative processes, the ability to adapt effectively under pressure and to travel domestic and international at times.
- Work with the Director of Investigations to organize, plan and execute investigations
- Conduct and lead investigations, including interviewing employees, vendors, and other third parties
- Analyze and assess data collected from various sources (hard drives, network locations, email, badge access records, etc.) and organize results in a presentable format
- Work on multiple investigations simultaneously, while maintaining an exceptional attention to detail, and prioritize based on business needs and urgency
- Continuously update and document investigative findings in the Investigative Services case management system
- Use OSINT techniques to research, assess and mitigate various types of threats to the company, employees, and talent
- Clearly communicate investigation findings to key stakeholders
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, with a flexible schedule
- Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of investigative processes
- 2 to 4 years of experience conducting investigations
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Computer proficiency in Internet/social media research and willingness to stay up-to-date on all relevant forms of social media platforms
- Must have high professional integrity given the daily requirements to handle confidential information
- Ability to take initiative and execute tasks under general supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while working on highly sensitive matters
- Be flexible and willing to multi-task
- Be available outside of normal work hours at times
- Be willing to travel on occasion
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios