Special Education Teacher - ESS Sonoran Virtual Academy
Sonoran Schools Tucson, AZ
- Expired: June 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Exceptional Student Services Teacher (Special Education)/Section 504 Coordinator Reports To: Campus Dean of Academics /Special Education MentorOur Mission: The mission of Sonoran Schools is to foster critical thinking, engaging all students in a rigorous, STEM-focused, college-prep curriculum, delivered by a dedicated educational community that celebrates diversity, where students aspire to be tomorrow's leaders.Position Overview Position is responsible for providing specially designed instruction based on individual IEP goals.Position is responsible for conducting Section 504 reviews and meetings with families for students with disabilities. Position is responsible for providing Tier 3 interventions to students who need this level of assistance. Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Collaborate with other classroom teachers, school psychologists, reading specialists, speech/hearing specialists, and school administration to provide an integrated plan for developing the capacities of their students in their least restrictive environments.Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and--in harmony with the goals--establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like. Communicate these objectives to students.Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.Write review of existing data reports and Individualized Education Plans for students. Conduct meetings with families of students with IEPs and/ or Section 504 plans.Performs other necessary duties as assigned.Competencies
- Positively interact with all students.Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.Capable of designing lesson plans to meet student needs and school & state requirements.Able to employ varied teaching strategies and best practices that effectively teaches the curriculum.Ability to identify individual student needs.Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.Ability to maintain a professional appearance.Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by utilizing resources for professional development therefore, improving the education that is provided.Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education/ Special EducationSpecial Education Certification / AZ Teaching Certification or Early Childhood CertificationArizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance CardWork Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EducationView all jobs at Sonoran Schools