Paraprofessional - Sonoran Science Academy - Davis Montham - Tucson
Sonoran Schools Tucson, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing educational benefit for students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills introduced by the teacher.
- Assists as directed by the supervising teacher in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP team.
- Assists the teacher in preparing materials and equipment for direct instructional activity, including locating, copying, collating, distributing and/or grouping materials.
- Supervises students in classrooms, hallways, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Supports students in the general education classroom and/or the pull-out room.
- Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
- Distributes and collects workbooks, papers and other materials for instruction.
- Assists with the supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, lunch periods and field trips.
- Alerts teacher to any problem or special information regarding students.
- Participates in professional learning activities which align with school improvement goals.
- Participates in staff development opportunities provided by the district. Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work assignment.
- Assists the teacher in maintaining accurate records required by federal, state and District policies.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with Principal, supervising teacher, students, parents, staff and public.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to positively interact with all students.
- Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- Ability to identify individual student needs.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to collaborate with school staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 4 Year College/University Degree Required
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Sonoran Science Academy - Davis Montham - Tucson provides a rigorous, college prep, STEM-focused education through a challenging comprehensive curriculum and continuous assessment.
SSA Davis Montham is part of Sonoran Schools public charter school network. Sonoran Schools has been a leader in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) K-12 education since 2001. With schools in the greater Phoenix and Tucson metro areas, our commitment is to provide a superior academic environment, accessible to a diverse population. Through a comprehensive, integrated STEM curriculum and abundant extracurricular opportunities, we instill a life-long love of learning and an understanding of each individual's responsibility to be a productive member of society.
We are committed to nurturing and supporting a school community where students are inspired and continuous professional growth and collaboration among staff is encouraged. We challenge and support our professionals to grow their curriculum and to challenge themselves to become even better educators.
Sonoran Schools' goal is to provide a superior academic environment, accessible to a diverse population, both ethnically and socio-economically. We continue to challenge our teachers to grow their curriculum and to challenge themselves to become even better educators. We consistently encourage our students to explore and grow, intellectually and emotionally, by providing a myriad of extra-curricular opportunities. We surround them with an environment where a passion for art or drama can grow alongside a talent for math. We seek to instill a life-long love of learning and an understanding of each individual's responsibility to be a productive member of society. We ensure our students can compete equally with their peers around the globe.
We have an outstanding medical package with employer contributions, vision, and dental coverage. Life insurance and short and long-term disability plans are also available. We also offer a 401K plan with an employer match, including both pre-tax and ROTH options.
Sonoran Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disabilities, marital status, genetic information or Veteran Status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EducationView all jobs at Sonoran Schools