Math Teacher Middle/High School - Sonoran Science Academy - Tucson
Sonoran Schools Tucson, AZ
- Expired: February 06, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sonoran Science Academy - Tucson Middle/High School, an A-rated public charter school, serving 6th - 12th grade students, provides a rigorous, college prep, STEM-focused education through a challenging comprehensive curriculum and continuous assessment. We are looking for dedicated teachers who are passionate about student learning, as well as the ability to impact the whole child through inspiring lessons, staff leadership of student extracurricular activities, continuous professional growth and collaboration among staff.
Sonoran Schools has been a leader in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education since 2001. With schools in the greater Phoenix and Tucson metro areas, our commitment is to provide a superior academic environment, accessible to a diverse population. Through a comprehensive, integrated STEM curriculum and abundant extracurricular opportunities, we instill a life-long love of learning and an understanding of each individual's responsibility to be a productive member of society.
We are committed to nurturing and supporting a school community where students are inspired and continuous professional growth and collaboration among staff is encouraged. We challenge and support our professionals to grow their curriculum and to challenge themselves to become even better educators.
We are currently recruiting for the following position for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Math Teacher - SSA TUCSON MIDDDLE HIGH
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to student learning, growth, and advancement.
- Demonstrates academic competence in subject area(s), and displays an inclination for developing integrated and interdisciplinary work across the curriculum.
- Maintains a growth mindset toward student learning, teaching practice, and personal/collective professional development.
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-efficacy (agency); holds themselves accountable for learner outcomes and advocates for their students; works efficiently; and believes in their ability, the capability of their students, and themselves to succeed and excel.
- Facilitates problem-solving, with a curious mind and critical thinking skills, showing a high degree of creative application in the implementation of data-driven curriculum and practice.
- Serves as a role model and an innovative and creative learner with an insatiable thirst for knowledge, personal growth, and being on the cutting edge of instructional practice and pedagogy.
- Collaborates effectively with a variety of stakeholder groups within the organization and with external partners to increase student performance and contribute to advancing the teaching and learning craft.
- Looks beyond the walls of the classroom and demonstrates global competence and how their work will expand the impact of students' work to their families and local and global communities.
- Invests in the learners' well-being, health, and safety, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Recognizes the relationship between social-emotional learning and academic performance, and aspires toward developing and teaching the whole child.
- Designs and facilitates differentiated and personalized learning goals and activities that follow a coherent sequence, are aligned to instructional goals, and engage students in high-level cognitive activity.
- Be active in the school community and events
- A compassionate and confident leader
- Upstanding ethics and integrity
- Clear, consistent and respectful communicator
- Attentive listener
- Creative and able to create a fun learning environment
- Keeps a positive attitude and can control emotions
- Excellent collaborator
- Strong organizational skills
- Good classroom management
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- A passion for learning and sharing your knowledge with others
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- A Bachelors' degree from an accredited institution.
- AP Calculus and Statistics Teaching Experience (preferred)
- Arizona Department of Education Certification (preferred) or,
- Highly Qualified through AEPA/NES testing or equivalent
- Current Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Sonoran Schools' goal is to provide a superior academic environment, accessible to a diverse population, both ethnically and socio-economically. We continue to challenge our teachers to grow their curriculum and to challenge themselves to become even better educators. We consistently encourage our students to explore and grow, intellectually and emotionally, by providing a myriad of extra-curricular opportunities. We surround them with an environment where a passion for art or drama can grow alongside a talent for math. We seek to instill a life-long love of learning and an understanding of each individual's responsibility to be a productive member of society. We ensure our students can compete equally with their peers around the globe.
We have an outstanding medical package with employer contributions, vision, and dental coverage. Life insurance and short and long-term disability plans are also available. We also offer a 401K plan with an employer match, including both pre-tax and ROTH options.
Sonoran Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disabilities, marital status, genetic information or Veteran Status.
EducationView all jobs at Sonoran Schools