Sonoran Schools is seeking a Long-Term, English Substitute Teacher in the Phoenix Tucson area.
Plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Bachelors' or Masters' degree
- Requires Current IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
Sonoran Schools a STEM public charter school, provides a rigorous, college prep, STEM-focused education through a challenging comprehensive curriculum and continuous assessment. We are looking for dedicated teachers who are passionate about student learning, as well as the ability to impact the whole child through inspiring lessons, staff leadership of student extracurricular activities, continuous professional growth and collaboration among staff.
We are committed to nurturing and supporting a school community where students are inspired and continuous professional growth and collaboration among staff is encouraged. We challenge and support our professionals to grow their curriculum and to challenge themselves to become even better educators.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro