Sonoran Schools is a public charter school district where our schools are focused on STEM education and college preparation. Our educational model is nationally recognized and provides an environment where educators are collaborators in continuous improvement and supported by administrators in an atmosphere that values each individual and the contribution they make to our community.
Since 2001, Sonoran Schools has been a recognized leader in academic excellence in Arizona, successfully operating public charter schools, focused on science, technology, engineering, and math, and college preparation. Our foundations of high academic and behavioral expectations, data-driven decisions, and active parent and community involvement provide a supportive and enriching environment that fosters individual exploration and growth.
Join an organization with a proud heritage of achievement, a nationally-recognized educational model, and an environment that values and supports the contributions and growth of its educators. We currently have an immediate opening for a Payroll Specialist/Business Analyst.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience and success in the following areas:
· Perform professional level accounting functions with a great level of independence.
· Review, analyze, post and reconcile financial records, transactions and accounts.
· Manage the entire accounts payable process including reviewing and approving purchase orders, approving payments, ensuring appropriate coding and working with site personnel to ensure all expenditures comply with the operating budget, capital plans, contracts, and restricted funding sources.
· Assist with annual audit and meeting other statutory requirements.
· Research and prepare various financial statements, financial analyses, financial projections, financial reports, accounting reports, schedules, and tables.
· Coordinate with other work units regarding input and report generation schedules to ensure timely transaction and processing for required reports and records.
· Processes and submits bi-weekly payroll for all company codes, ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
· Assure compliance with established guidelines, rules, regulations, and procedures, affecting budgetary actions.
· Communicate with personnel, administrators, outside agencies and the public to obtain and exchange information, and resolve issues or concerns.
· Provide excellent customer service to all staff.
- Education: BA degree with a minimum of 24 semester or 36 quarter units in accounting
- Preferred skills and work experience:
- Two years of professional accounting/payroll experience.
- Experience with all aspects of the accounts payable process.
o Experience in managing financial processes, reading financial reports and presenting financial information.
o Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated ability in using financial/accounting software,
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships.
· Demonstrates the ability to work independently.
· Demonstrates the ability to interact with clients and staff in a collaborative manner.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member;
· Ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines.
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Please complete our application at www.sonoranschools.org/careers.aspx