The Press Democrat is seeking a full-time Customer Service Representative to join our circulation team.
This position will handle all customer service and carrier related needs and requirements according to established policy and procedures. Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Answers phone calls promptly, courteously and processes information as required.
- Responsible for greeting customers and proving excellent customer service.
- Determines best needs for customers by obtaining desired information through engaging dialogue.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues, researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions, escalating unresolved problems.
- Recognizes opportunities to up-sell, or explain new features, or downgrade options, especially to retain a customer.
- Inputs start, stop, and complaint information and various other data entry & reports.
- Assists with group projects, programs and responsibilities.
- Processes payments and answers invoice inquiries.
- Completes outbound calls as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience in sales and/or customer service.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Must be capable of operating a computer keyboard with repetitive hand motion.
- Must have a pleasant phone voice and possess good customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Windows is essential, experience using word processing and spreadsheet software a plus. Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Knowledge of call center procedures (inbound and outbound).
Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North Bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of all its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
We are committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To be considered for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Sonoma Media Investments Is An Equal Opportunity Employer