Sonoco Recycling, LLC has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic at their Columbia Recycling Plant. This position has an hourly rate of $21.76 and would perform maintenance and repairs on the facility’s equipment that sorts and bales paper, plastic, metal, and other materials. Sonoco Recycling is unit of Sonoco, a multi-billion dollar global provider of consumer packaging, industrial products, and supply chain services. Benefits include paid holidays, paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, and 401k with company match.
Applicant must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be called in as needed to resolve issues at the facility. Competitive candidates will have a minimum of 2 years prior maintenance experience with a 2 year Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field preferred. Experience in the paper recycling industry is a plus.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
· Must be able to obtain Category III Electrical Certification within 90 days of hire
· Diagnose and troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
· Repair or assist in repair most major systems and/or equipment in recycling operation
· Proficient in using drill press, cutoff saw, milling machine, grinders, threading equipment
· Proficient in cutting a variety of metals with torches, gas welders, and plasma cutters
· Proficient with welding in all types of conditions (Mig and stick)
· Proficient in most types of fabrication (bending, heating and forming) with or without drawings
· Ability to install couplings, bearings, pumps, rolls, motors, gearboxes, and other mechanical equipment
· Knowledge of baler operation and repair (Wire Tier) preferred
Interested candidates can apply online. Sonoco is an equal opportunity employer.