F034 - Yakima, WA
Position: Machine Operator
Location: Yakima, WA
Shift: Graveyard: 10:45 AM - 7 AM, Pay: $13.91 + $0.75 hourly shift differential
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the production shift supervisor, you will be responsible for setting up machines for reach customers job, this means being able to multi-task and work with different specifications relating to each different job. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams and successfully troubleshoot, repair and adjust equipment as needed. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- You need to be able to troubleshoot, repair and adjust equipment to ensure the production of quality parts that meet company standards
- Consistently loading rolls of plastic onto machinery
- Setting up new jobs and operate various thermoforming machinery
- Collaborating closely with other departments and teams
- Making incremental process adjustments to machinery
- Monitoring and report quality of manufactured products
- Making incremental process adjustments, monitor and report quality of manufactured product.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Performing all duties as designated by supervisor/manager.
- Performing all duties in support of Sonoco’s quality and safety policies.
- Helping out other departments as needed
- Preparing and maintaining daily/weekly reports
This position is in our Plastics plant in beautiful Yakima, Washington
- We expect you to be Sonoco mission driven
- You will need to have previous machine operating experience in an industrial setting (Required)
- You must have prior Forklift Experience (Required)
- You will need to have exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- You need to have extensive knowledge of personal hand tools and be able to safely use them to set-up, adjust and maintain production equipment.
- You have to have a “get it done” attitude and an urgency to resolve problems/tasks.
- To succeed in this role you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working independently and managing multiple tasks simultaneously is needed.
- You need to have working knowledge of our products and their quality requirements.
- Being reliable, having good initiative, being committed, and being quality focused is a must.
- You will need to be able to lift up to 25 lbs. as needed.
- Having the ability to effectively work with a team in a fast-paced environment is crucial to success.
- You will need to have the ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- You will need to able to perform repetitive duties, including stairs and standing for long periods of time.
- You will need to have the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.