Electro Mechanical Technician (Maintenance Mechanic) - Pittsfield, Maine
Sonoco, founded in 1899, is a $4 billion global manufacturer of industrial and consumer packaging products and provider of packaging services with 300 operations in 33 countries serving customers in 85 nations. In addition, the company is one of the leading producers of recycled paperboard, utilizing more than a million tons of recovered paper annually in its paper making operations.
The Pittsfield Plant began operations in the summer of 1982 as a satellite of the Lowell, Ma facility. The original Pittsfield location was a 20,000 square foot building with approximately $2,000,000 in sales, and employed five people. In 1998, the plant was relocated to it’s current facility, a 96,000 sq. foot building, with upwards of $18,000,000 in annual sales, and employs approximately 40 people. Located in the heart of “paper mill country” the plant is recognized as one of the premier paper packaging facilities in North America.
The Sonoco, Pittsfield Teammates are dedicated to achieving two major goals:
1) A safe work environment resulting in “0” injuries, and 2) “Total Customer Satisfaction Through Excellence”.
Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and repairing production equipment as directed by the maintenance supervisor.
- Maintaining and repairing utility and facility-related equipment as directed by the maintenance supervisor.
- Assisting other maintenance personnel with repairs, preventive maintenance and equipment upgrades.
- Collaborating closely with other departments and teams.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Performing all duties in support of Sonoco’s quality and safety policies.
This position is in our Tubes and Core plant in Pittsfield, Maine.
- A technical degree in Industrial /mechanical maintenance is preferred.
- We want you to have at least 4-5 years in manufacturing environment troubleshooting, repairing and /or installing manufacturing equipment, including pneumatic and /or hydraulic equipment and rotating equipment.
- At least 4 years’ experience of electrical troubleshooting in a manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, Allen Bradley, RSLOGIX, Siemens or similar software.
- Use of HMI and drive programming software is a huge plus.
- Must have fabrication experience knowing how to cut and weld properly.
- You will need to be able to lift 50 lbs. as needed.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
Sonoco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We produce packaging for many of the world’s most recognized brands, in markets such as appliances and electronics, automotive, beverages, confection, construction, converted paperboard, fresh and natural food, frozen and refrigerated food, shaving, home, lawn and garden, medical/pharmaceutical, pet care, powdered beverages, recycling and snacks.
Sonoco’s operations consist of our global consumer packaging businesses (rigid paper and closures, flexibles and plastics); our display and packaging division (high-impact retail displays and packaging supply chain management); our industrial businesses (tubes and cores, reels and spools, uncoated recycled paperboard and Sonoco Recycling, one of the world’s largest recyclers); and our Protective Solutions division (custom-designed protective, temperature-assurance and retail security packaging solutions and highly engineered components).
From our headquarters in Hartsville, S.C., and more than 300 operations in 33 countries, we serve customers in 85 nations.