Chemical Account Specialist
Sonny's Enterprises Burlington, VT
- Posted: 19 days ago
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
The Chemical Account Specialist’s (CAS) primary role is to grow Sonny’s Car Wash Services market share by working with and developing car wash customers. A CAS will plan appropriate strategies to help facilitate potential clients to do business with Sonny’s Car Wash Services. The CAS will work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff to keep Sonny’s Car Wash Services abreast of market changes, competitive opportunities, challenges, and creative trends.
Category: Full-time Salary employee
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, additional hours as needed, travel is required.
Reporting to: District Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
New Business Development:
· Increase Sonny’s Car Wash Services market share by prospecting for, identifying and converting potential new clients.
· Prospect to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities to increase market share.
· Build strong relationships with new and existing customers.
· Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
· Handle objections in a positive manner by clarifying issues, emphasizing agreements, and working through differences to net positive conclusion for all.
· Present a positive image that mirrors the core values of Diamond Shine.
· Present new products and services to enhance existing relationships.
· Work with technical, marketing and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
· Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning:
· CAS will establish yearly development plans for their territory.
· CAS will attend all industry functions, conferences, tradeshows, etc. in their market.
· Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, and products.
· Identify new opportunities for customers that will lead to an increase in sales.
· Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research:
· Submit accurate weekly planning and expense reports.
· Control area expense and stay within the planned yearly budget.
· Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM protocol.
· Forecast sales targets and ensure they are consistently met.
· Work with marketing staff to ensure that customers marketing needs are being met.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the company and distributors’ capabilities.
· Understand and support the goals, purpose, and direction of Carwash Services of the Southeast to enhance market performance.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Communication Skills - The ability to write clearly, succinctly, and understandably. The ability to effectively communicate, build a rapport and relate well to all kinds of people. Treats all people with respect, courtesy, and consideration; respects differences in the attitudes and perspectives of others; listens observe and strives to gain understanding of others.
- Personal Accountability - A measure of the capacity to be answerable for personal actions. Accepts personal responsibility for the consequences of personal actions; avoids placing unnecessary blame on others.
- Teamwork - The ability to work effectively and productively with others. Shares responsibility with team members for successes and failures; keeps team members informed regarding projects; behaves in a manner consistent with team values and mission; provides constructive feedback to team and its members; responds positively to feedback from team members; raises and/or confronts issues limiting team effectiveness.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considers the relative costs, benefits, impact, or consequences of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Safety - Practices safe work habits and encourages others to do the same. Identifies ways to improve the safety of the work environment. Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures to promote effective safety operations.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications - Proficient in MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office and Excel.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· High School Diploma required.
· Three (3) years minimum of carwash sales and or service experience.
· Experience working within a national distribution and direct sales network preferred.
· Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver's License required.
Experience & Abilities:
· Industry related experience is a plus
· Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to guide, direct and provide technical expertise on products (or services) to colleagues, distributors, and customers.
· Previous business to business value-add sales experience
· Proven track record of consistently exceeding and/or achieving goals
· History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
· Prior experience that required excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to communicate internally with various departments and externally with customers and distributors.
· Ability to use strong judgement with knowledge of company policies and procedures to resolve non-standard problems.
· Problem-solving and analytical skills
· Demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Travel required as needed.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing & service environment.
- May require the use of safety PPE to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toe shoes, hardhats, and any requirements set by SDS.
- Regularly required to stand or sit and move about the facility. Ability to stand for 8 hours per day.
Materials and Equipment Used:
· Office Equipment, Microsoft Office, and CRM/SAP System.
Candidates will be required to complete a background check and drug screen before beginning work.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Sonny's EnterprisesWhy Work Here?
401(k) 401(k) matching Dental insurance Health insurance Life insurance Paid time off Vision insurance
This is a new era in commercial car washing, where the customer experience feeds your bottom line. To deliver top value, you need new parts, new car wash equipment, better car wash chemistry, superior technology, and more training – and Sonny's is leading the way. With Sonny's OneWashTM, we offer the industry's only complete suite of car wash business solutions. It’s more than car wash equipment: it's everything you need to succeed. All from one partner.