Sonnax Bellows Falls, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Warehouse Manager (First Shift)
Our Warehouse Manager provides strategic and operational leadership for a high-volume distribution warehouse. Manages functions to ensure timely accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the optimization of resources and processes while operating within budget. Develops and implements processes to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures, continual process improvement and drive employee initiatives to create and promote an environment where employees are engaged, focused on safety, quality and committed to the success of the Company.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- Support Distribution Center operations through warehouse process improvement, warehouse equipment and supply materials selection and warehouse procedures.
- Responsible for meeting all customer feedback reduction goals, researching root cause and implementing correction action.
- Work with Product Line Managers to expedite new product launches to include BOM set up and first run scheduling of Warehouse Pack routed product.
- Support inventory control functions by ensuring proper receipt, storage, rotation and tracking of material.
- Responsible for staffing and the timely processing of daily Vermont inter-site transfers (locations are within 2 miles).
- Manage staffing activities to include recommendations for position needs, recruitment, selection, orientation and training.
- Coach, mentor and conduct training for all associates based upon career assessment and departmental needs.
- Effectively distribute, interpret, instruct and support company goals, initiatives and communications to all team members
- Monitor individual and departmental performance and direct efforts for improvement or corrective action needed for problem resolution.
- Manage departmental budget to include personnel, capital purchases, equipment and supplies.
- Conducts job performance evaluations.
- Conduct safety reporting, investigation, safety audits, process review and continuous improvement activities.
- Develop and implement employee training programs to ensure success in specific job functions as well as company processes and procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5 years Warehouse/Distribution Experience.
- 5 years Supervisory and/or Management Experience.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement Leadership and Lean Warehousing, a plus.
- Experience with ERP and implementing WMS software preferred.
- Working knowledge of PIT (powered industrial trucks).
Critical Key Competencies
- Delegating Responsibility
- Building Trust
- Selecting Talent
- Developing Others
- Planning and Organizing
- Facilitating Change
- Continuous Improvement
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
No restrictions wearing the required personal protective equipment including safety footwear and protective eyewear.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Full Benefits Upon Hire):
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Long & Short-term disability
- Flex spending accounts
- 401-K with match
- Onsite gym
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation and paid sick days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
AddressBellows Falls, VT
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Sonnax