- Posted: 27 days ago
Sonia, Inc.is a company dedicated to serving the developmentally disabled population. Sonia, Inc. currently has the opportunity for an Operations Managerto join our team in Benicia, CA.
The Operations Manager role is an exempt managerial position, under the general direction from the Director of Operations, will be responsible for managing and supporting the assessment of the organization's office needs, including the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate the continuous professional development of team members especially supervisors and emerging leaders. Subsequently will perform a variety of duties related to billing, payroll, respite service programs, working directly with the regional center, customer satisfaction, and human resources, maintaining the reception area and supervising the day-to-day office operations.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, evaluation, disciplining, rewarding, promoting, assessing, scheduling, directing, terminating, supervising and leading administrative employees; establish employee performance objective; and maintain accurate and compliant personnel files.
- Maintain ongoing communication (verbal and written) with consumer recruitment specialist, respite program coordinator, case workers, clients, the regional center and other departments; maintains continuous contact with departmental supervisors and managers; assesses and audits clients needs, services and satisfaction surveys; monitors compliance issues as established by agency and the regional center's policies.
- Consistently strive to expand existing or acquire new services; provide ongoing communication with the regional center; evaluate, asses and develop services derived from other resources; serves as a liaison between departments within the organization and the regional center.
- Ensures the Program Design is maintained and periodically updated.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and training of all employees on new and/or enhanced software programs (e.g. Respite system, payroll system, HR system, etc.); train new and existing employees on client files and other essential processes, assuring that employee have maintained mandatory training requirements; assure that all employee certifications are current.
- Supervise the verification of all client authorizations; forward authorizations to human resources for activation; accurately update the vendor's list.
- Supervise all data pertaining to new and/or amended contract, terminations and inactive clients have been accurately entered; and the accuracy of the periodically generated client list; ensure the completion of the referral statistic report and any other related Respite Services & Respite Recruitment Department reports.
- Ensure appropriate direction is given to the appropriate staff to consistently review, input and confirm data of all new intakes; review and maintain client files assuring all contracts are current, evaluation packets are updated annually, required forms are completed, adjusted and signed by the appropriate parties; will periodically review client files for quality and accuracy.
- Supervise the follow up on unreported respite hours, ensuring "Partial Service" or "No Service" is identified and reported appropriately.
- Attend quarterly vendor meetings at the Regional Center; ability to disseminate accurate and reliable information from the Regional Center to staff, human resources and to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible for the receipt, organization, and dissemination of all respite timesheets to the administration office within a timely manner; ensuring all timesheet corrections are corrected, followed-up and processed appropriately; verify & attach paystubs to all respite timesheets; ability to distribute payroll checks during the corresponding pay dates and responsible for the completions of payroll check sign-off sheets.
- Manages and reviews the "on call" program.
- Posses the ability to resolve concerns or issues presented by clients, parents, employees, community members and the Regional Center in a timely manner; Strategically assess, identify and improve any department-related issues; assure all related reports/communications are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for organizing, scheduling and administering quarterly respite meetings.
- Responsible for creating the appropriate environment for the reception area and general office setting; ability to answer, receive and direct multiple phone lines; and has the ability to receive and direct accurate communication (bilingual); while assuring that the front staff is professional, resourceful and customer oriented.
- Will assist in all aspects of the branch office's CPR/First Aid program; accurately maintains schedules, training sessions, attendance sheets and required documentation for the CPR/First Aid program.
- Direct, schedule and evaluate onsite human resources, respite services and administrative departments and employees; recommends office staff selections as needed.
- Manage all incoming mail; ensure all mail is forwarded to the appropriate department and/or employee in a timely manner.
- Directs and supervises the janitorial service provider in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for the distribution and analysis of client surveys on a periodic basis in accordance with Title 17 regulations and to assure client outcomes are being met; may conduct follow-up calls to clients to discuss their needs, problems, etc.
- Supervise the dissemination of information to employees pertaining to benefit plans, healthcare, workman's compensation, Injury & Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP),Family Medical Leave Act, employee right/management rights, interpret policy and other business-related processes; will assist in scheduling and providing new employee orientations, whenever required.
- Will be knowledgeable in general employment law: including payroll administration, EEO, DFEH, Affirmative Action, Cal-OSHA, ADA, FMLA and other state and federal requirements.
- Review, amend and/or create departmental policies within the accounting, billing, payroll, human resources and respite service areas of the organization.
- Responsible for purchasing and control of equipment, supplies and materials.
- Ability to function appropriately with the designated respite system & any other related payroll/billing system; ensuring HR/client/program service related information is entered and maintained accurately.
- Continuously strive to provide excellent customer service, interpersonal communication and serve as a source of accurate information.
- Supervise and maintain qualified staff.
- Clearly communicate corporate expectations of performance and accountability.
- Determines and assesses standards of performance as a basis for annual performance reviews.
- Develops and communicates concise, evident, achievable and timely performance outcomes.
- Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions, discipline and dismissals in a timely manner.
- Ensures that employees receive the appropriate training and are provided the necessary tools to succeed.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working environment to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Assist in other administrative areas of the organization when needed.
- Whenever necessary will represent the organization during public, media and/or professional events.
- When called upon will assist the company with special project assistance with other departments and agencies; organize special events (e.g. fundraisers, employee functions, etc.)
- Assist other departments with performance assessments and improvement plans.
- On occasion enroll employees into First Aid/CPR classes.
- At times will be assigned to "on call" status.
- Assist in the issuance of corporate checks.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED) plus a Bachelor's Degree (2 years of experience may substitute for one year of higher education).
- Prior supervisory experience (4-6 years); prefer (2-3 years) supervisory experience within Human Resources and/or Customer Service.
- Knowledge and practical experience in developmental services.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English & Spanish (Bilingual preferred); ability to communicate effectively to small and large groups; ability to address an elected board.
- Ability to type 30 wpm and do basic business arithmetic.
- Practical application of MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word for Windows required.
- Ability to use standard office machines such as a personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, etc.
- Valid California Driver's License.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?