Sonetics is the leader in innovative and proven wireless communication solutions that enable natural conversation in challenging environments. Building on a platform of customer collaboration and rugged performance, Sonetics delivers a work experience that is more productive, safer, and enjoyable. With 35 years of experience, Sonetics and its Flightcom and Firecom divisions strive to create ground breaking products that transform the way teams work.
To support and accelerate our recent growth and new market expansion, we are looking for a Customer Support Technician to join our Service team. In this role, you will provide technical assistance to customers via the telephone regarding the application, installation, and operation of Sonetics' products, as well as troubleshoot and repair of customer returned products. In addition to the foregoing, your key areas of responsibility include:
- Handle all incoming technical customer inquiries (via Email, Phone, and Website) and assist customers in troubleshooting of products.
- Serve as Direct point of contact for urgent customer issues. Manage follow up regarding customer issues and resolutions
- Assist in triaging incoming repairs. Troubleshoot and repair warranty and non-warranty products in order to meet quality, cost, and turn-around goals.
- In collaboration with QA and Engineering, investigate CAR (Corrective Action Requests) as requested by Customer
- Be a VOC (Voice of the Customer) in Product Team Meetings and offer suggestions for product improvements, as well as recommend changes to internal processes and testing methods
- Receive and log customer returns. Process returned items into and out of the Service department.
- Maintain documentation quality and accuracy, including maintaining RMA and CRM database for accuracy and valuable customer information and feedback.
- Provide remote support for technical and end user problems.
- Provides on-site support in critical customer situations, as determined by the manager.
- Responsible for on-going status reporting to Service Manager for both technical and customer issues.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 4 years technical training in electronics or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Radio installation experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing technical and/or phone support to customers
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and repair analog and digital circuits
- Ability to solder through-hole and surface mount components
- Skilled in use of computers for data entry, e-mail, and document writing; prefer expertise in MS Office
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Excellent customer service phone skills
- Proven ability to exchange technical information over the phone and via the computer to a wide range of expertise levels
- Good documentation writing skills
- Ability to analyze customer problems and provide quick and easy resolutions to their questions.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Strong organizing, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills.