Weekend Night Auditor
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $20 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Job Description Summary
The Night Auditor (NA) is responsible for accurately balancing all hotel income and expenses for every 24 hour hotel operating period. The NA also acts as a Guest Service Agent for the overnight front desk shift at the hotel. The NA is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives covering the front desk. The NA will act as the hotel system liaison during night hours. The NA will call in and open tickets with Opera, SynXis, or system support during the overnight hours if a system fails or issues occur.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Balance and audit room revenue, food and beverage revenue and telephone revenue for accuracy; assist in the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
- Balance and audit all room tax charges, cashier reports, and guest house accounts for accuracy.
- Complete and transmit daily management/accounting reports with any supporting documentation ensuring the accurate accounting of the hotel revenues and expenses.
- Prepare General Manager daily, weekly and month end reporting packs.
- Assist in the set up the complimentary breakfast service to include hot and cold food service, juice and coffee stations, and all supplies.
- Assist in the washing, drying, and folding of hotel laundry.
- Act as the security point of contact during various times in the shift.
- Communicate with the Operations Manager to resolve accounting discrepancies and to request or provide information.
- Register guests, issue room keys, and provide information on hotel services, room location, and Travel Pass rewards program. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/ securing assigned bank.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes. Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize revenue.
- Follow the overall seasonal demand reservation strategy as communicated by the hotel management team with regard to room type and length of stay pricing.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Service the shoppe and the pour by ensuring guests receive the service and products offered by the hotel. Follow all local laws with regard to alcoholic beverage sales.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled and proper delivery of guest services is delivered.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of previous hotel experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Reading and writing skills are utilized when compiling department records, guest registration and reservation information
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, and variances preferred.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Opera systems preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Will be required to obtain a ServSafe certification.
- May be required to obtain a TIPS certification.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Sonesta Select Boston Danvers
275 Independence WayDanvers, MA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?