Intern: R&D Characterization
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Invest in your career at SomaLogic and join our summer internship program: SomaU! Our teams are successful by using our values: we focus on results, trust each other, shine in our roles, actively practice respect, be humble and collectively change the world.
Wage Notice: $20/hour
SomaLogic (NASDAQ: SLGC) was founded in 2000 with the goal of improving the well-being and quality of life of every individual by transforming how diseases were detected, diagnosed and managed. Building on decades of aptamer research, SomaLogic scientists developed a ground-breaking proteomics technology that overcomes the significant challenges of existing protein measuring technologies, with multiple applications across the biological and medical sciences.
Our mission is to leverage our proprietary technology to create, develop and commercialize innovative life science research tools and breakthrough clinical products that transform healthcare.
For this position, we are looking for a sharp, motivated student in a molecular biology, engineering, or life science field that is eager to learn and contribute to the Nucleic Acid (SOMAmer®) Chemistry Research and Development group. Primary responsibilities for this position include inventory management of protein and modified nucleic acid stocks, common molecular biology processes with proteins and synthetic DNA, including affinity enrichment techniques, gel electrophoresis, and automated analytical methods (liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare key solutions and buffers for use in molecular biological processes
- Organize and manage inventory of recombinant proteins, synthetic nucleic acids, and related reagents for molecular biological processes
- Perform affinity enrichment processes according to defined procedures
- Perform gel electrophoresis analysis of recombinant proteins
- Run automated analytical systems (LC/MS and capillary gel electrophoresis) to characterize proteins
- Document, file, and track process steps and experimental results
- Support related research projects
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of sophomore year of accredited degree program completed (molecular biology or related scientific discipline)
- Preference of junior or senior year completed
- Preference given to candidates with practical lab experience
- The position requires a working knowledge of organic chemistry
- Applicants should be skilled in basic computer programs for analyzing and presenting data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Preference is given to candidates with knowledge of gel electrophoresis and biochemical techniques
- Work is in a typical laboratory environment with personal protective equipment required
- As Somalogic is a Hazardous Waste Generator, this position performs hazardous waste duties in accordance with internal controlled documents, local, State and Federal regulations
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs on a regular basis
- Work is in a highly collaborative environment
Internship program details:
- Full time schedule – 40 hours/week M-F
- 10 week summer assignment starting on June 5th 2023
- Company issues laptop & equipment provided for the duration of internship program
- Interns partner with a mentor and receive challenging work and experience a genuine work life balance
SomaLogic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ScienceView all jobs at SomaLogic, Inc.
Get fresh Investment Intern jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.