Solvere is seeking a candidate for a full-time Structural Designer II, who will perform and/or lead a team to conduct site/ship checks for structural drawing development for (SID’s) Ship Installation Drawing packages.
- Perform and/or Lead site/ship checks for structural drawing development.
- Review vendor installation control drawings to develop technical guidance packages.
- Prepare technical guidance packages for the development of ship installation drawings
- Develop and/or Lead drawing and work specifications for maritime upgrades.
- Provide expertise to assist in proposal and bid creations.
- Prepares layouts and specifications, review designs and drawings, and assures that the deliverables meet performance requirements.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to designers and drafters.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent with at least 10 - 15 years in the Maritime Industry or applicable field.
- Have direct experience with the drawing development process for U.S. Navy, Military Sealift Command (MSC), and commercial ships and vessels. Individual should be knowledgeable in NAVSEA, American Bureau of Shipbuilding (ABS), and Coast Guard standards and specifications.
- Proficient in AutoCAD to develop detailed structural drawings from initiation to approval, i.e., foundations and arrangement drawings.
- Perform technical evaluations for welds, and provide acceptable substitutes for materials, based on engineering evaluation of material properties, environmental considerations, and service conditions.
- Perform shipchecks to capture current conditions and other data points for technical deliverable development.
- Perform Design reviews to produce Red-Lines for drawing development.
- Work on multidisciplinary teams to accomplish a specific task.
- Review/Develop engineering/design changes with the appropriate corrective actions.
- Must be able to work independently, make designs decisions, and provide guidance.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills as a member of a collaborative multidisciplinary team.
- Associates Degree
- Knowledge of Finite Elements Analysis (FEA)
- CAD Certifications
- Team Leadership experience for design teams
- Track development statuses for Hull/Structure, Arrangements, and Outfitting drawings including but not limited to, deck and bulkhead mods, compartment and access mods, temporary access, equipment and machinery foundations, and habitability mods.
- Experience with weld requirements.
- Must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Must be willing to travel CONUS/OCONUS up to 15% of time worked.
- Must be able to work in an office, industrial or shipboard environment.
- Capable of climbing ladders (including ship masts) and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances during site surveys.
- Lifting and moving of materials not to exceed the guidelines set for one man lift.
- Must be able to perform site surveys and carry a lap top computer.
About the Company Visit www.solveretechnical.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Solvere Technical Group