Material (QA/QC) Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Material (QA/QC) Engineer will have sound knowledge of the variation of materials and material testing and will have general responsibility for the following:
- The incumbent will support QA Unit in implementing programs.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the quality assessment of materials, by conducting frequent laboratory tests;
- The incumbent will have a high focus on strengthening the institutional knowledge of implementing ministries through capacity building in the project;
- The incumbent will be responsible for quality awareness
- The incumbent will be responsible for quality assurance training and development of national capacity, ensuring specific quality standards are constantly met at all levels of the project;
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Review Technical Specifications and recommend Standard construction specifications for all items of work for their effective use in the Project works.
- Drafting the guidelines for Sub-Project Quality Assurance in the field;
- Prepare all ‘Standard Test forms’ to be used in the laboratory for tests.
- Prepare QA testing schedules and procedures;
- Take budget constraints into account. Develop Plan and Systematic action necessary for the projects
- Developing and implementing quality standards.
- Developing and implementing quality control systems.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance.
- Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Collaborating with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Ensuring that workflows, processes, and products comply with safety regulations.
- Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues.
- Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements.
- Reviewing codes, specifications, and processes.
Quality Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in materials or with materials emphasis (CE or ME).
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role.
- Experience coding and using QA software tools and processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
Solved EngineeringWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits, Room for growth
We are a Ph.D. credentialed Professional Electrical Engineering Research and Consulting firm that offers Engineering Design and Calculation / Study Services in the Electric Utilities Industry. Certified Company NMSDC SBA 8a California Public Utility Commission MBE DBE
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Solved Engineering