- Posted: November 04, 2022
Solve IT Strategies is looking for a Network Engineer.
This role is located in Chicago, IL/ Hybrid. Mostly working remote, every so often if needed (emergencies) the team can come in 1-2 times/week; also once every three months the person will be required to be on call for a week. Once ‘on call’, work through about 3-4 calls/day ranging 10-15 minutes long.
The Main Responsibilities of a person are:
- Essential responsibilities include providing solutions for service reliability, incidents, requests, completing project based technical assignments including upgrades, rollouts, and other new initiatives, and participating in identifying opportunities for improvement to ensure system reliability.
- As a member of the network engineering and infrastructure team, this position will also provide technical guidance to other members of the Information Systems (IS/IT) delivery and support teams that require network connectivity and services. The position will provide analysis and resolve both moderate and complex networking systems requests and issues, as well as assist with end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support team and end user training where required.
- Reports to: Director, Information Services
- Provides Supervision to: None
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information systems, Cybersecurity or directly related work experience.
- Master’s Degree, preferred.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years’ experience in Information Security and Network Engineering.
- Designing, configuring, setting up, and maintaining complex switching environments to meet business requirements or enhance performance. Configuring, setting up, and maintaining Cisco SDWAN
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Palo Alto, ASA firewalls, CISCO Switches, and Routers
- TCP/IP and Ports configurations
- Vulnerability Diagnostic Tools, Like Nessus and , TenableInformation Security Standards, Applications, and Controls
- Investigating event logging and
- Experience with End Point security tools and their configuration and management
- Familiar with endpoint security tools like , , Traps, , etc. IDS/ Systems. Web Application Firewalls
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge and experience planning, configuring and supporting medium and large sized networks, infrastructure environments and technology, including: Cisco routers, switches, controllers, ASA, Palo Alto and/or CheckPoint firewall appliances, Cisco and/or Aruba wireless access points, IPSec and SSL VPN, UPS components, and standardized cabling practices.
- Demonstrated experience and skills creating and maintaining network component and network solutions diagrams, support reference materials, user self-help documentation, technical documentation and procedural documentation.
- Experience working with common network monitoring and management tools (Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, WireShark, ServiceNow, etc.).
- Considerable skills in conveying knowledge to users, peers and management regarding products and project plans.
- Basic knowledge and ability to write scripts for the automation of maintenance and network equipment configuration and management.
- Knowledge of networking hardware, standards, and protocols, including TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, VoIP, DHCP, DNS, WiFi5/WiFi6, VLANs, Network Segmentation.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, standards, and procedures.
- Knowledge of network and computing device authentication protocols and standards (2FA, AAA, IPSec, AD, WPA/AES, Radius, etc).
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Ability to assist with technical analysis and decisions on network segmentation based on router and firewall traffic analysis.
- Run network scans without disrupting network operations to identify purpose of all devices from a scan and lead technical discussion with other Information Systems (IT/IS) analysts, engineers and support teams.
- Analyze network service traffic and configuration firewall reports by IP address, network segment and Port.
- Provide technical project and support oversight to PMs and other project team engineers and act as a Liaison between network engineering and other IT/IS teams.
- Responsibilities may require occasional evening and weekend work and local travel in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Comprehensive ability to work effectively as a team member on multiple complex assignments.
- Good customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and technical leadership skills within the group and across the organization.
- Ability to solicit ideas from others and provide constructive technical feedback
- Healthcare systems and technology knowledge desired
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Network and I.T. industry certifications desired:
- Security Plus is preferred.
- CCNA is preferred.
Solve IT Strategies, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?