Associate Director of Development
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Positon Title: Associate Director of Development
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Supervision: Executive Director
Salary Range: $55,000 - $75,000
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off, Sick Days
Bonus Program: Discretionary, Subject to Approval of Board of Directors
The Associate Director of Development plays a critical role in the Theaterfest leadership team, playing a lead role in resource development for both day-to-day operations and capital campaign. Working in tandem with the Capital Campaign Chair and under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Director researches, cultivates, monitors and grows key funding relationships, and plays a lead role in grant writing and maintenance of the donor management program.
Community Ambassador - Serve as a recognized representative of Theaterfest at various community and special events in the Santa Ynez Valley and develop productive relationships with businesses and community members. Explore and participate in philanthropic and other community service affiliations that assist in driving the mission of the Theaterfest.
Fund Raising - Play the lead role in Theaterfest operational fund raising efforts, including annual/semi-annual appeal campaign and securing of Theaterfest event sponsorships. This includes preparing, designing and creating outreach correspondence, tracking responses, and follow up acknowledgements as needed.
Provide Board of Directors with ongoing fund raising tools, including lead lists, marketing materials, and talking points.
Executive Assistance – During any funding campaign, provide administrative support to Campaign Chair and relevant committees, Executive Director and Campaign Consultants. This includes donor research, preparing correspondence, developing funding proposals, distributing agendas. Prepare weekly reports as requested on campaign progress.
Grant Work- Research, identify, and write grants; assist others with grant writing; and track success rates. Proactively identify ways to improve grant writing process and results over time. Compile reports for grant reporting.
Database Management – Process donations, acknowledgements and progress of fundraising in the donor management system. Create systems to track solicitation activities and outcomes. Manage a database of foundations and grants and applications submitted.
Fundraising/Awareness Event Planning & Participation – In collaborating with volunteer committees and the Executive Director, serve as the coordinator of small (25+) and large cultivation events (200+). Maintain strong relationships with vendors, negotiate and manage vendor contracts. Assist in securing sponsorships and in-kind donations.
Donor Stewardship – Implement ongoing donor stewardship strategy, including gift acknowledgement and donor recognition activities. Develop, execute, and monitor campaign communication and print materials on various platforms, including website, digital, and social.
Theaterfest event Participation -- Provide onsite support as needed to Theaterfest staff for events and productions. Provide feedback and input on programming strategy and execution.
• AA/AS and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Organized and proactive, able to thrive with minimal supervision
• Outstanding Customer Service skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Dedicated team player committed to collaboration
• Demonstrated fund development achievement
• Minimum three years nonprofit development experience or equivalent
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Working knowledge of donor management software, such as Neon/Arts People
• Flexible onsite vs. offsite working schedule based on job requirements and subject to approval of the Executive Director
• 15 Paid Vacation Days – Renewed on first day of each year, Non-transferrable.
• 10 Paid Sick Days – Renewed on first day of each year, transferrable. No monetary value at time of termination.
• 9 Paid National Holidays*
• Eligible for annual bonus compensation at the discretion of the Board of Directors
*MLK, Presidents, Memorial, Independence, Labor, Veterans, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years
433 Second StreetSolvang, CA
Get fresh Director Application Development jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.