Quality Assurance Tester
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SBD is looking for a talented Quality Assurance Tester to join our team in support of our Federal Health IT client. The team is responsible for providing end-user support to a web-enabled business application. This includes supporting the evolution of applications, systems, and/or processes to a desired future state by maintaining a comprehensive understanding of how current processes impact business operations for the application.
The Tester is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met, and that the solution works as expected. The Software Tester will be able to independently design, build and execute test cases and test scenarios. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality and compliance with Health and Human Services (HHS) usability standards, and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems.
Duties for this position include planning, designing, developing, documenting, and executing manual test activities for custom developed applications. The ideal candidate has experience with building and adapting testing scenarios to suit project needs on a high-performance team. This position is best suited for an applicant that can execute all phases of quality assurance testing, including analysis of requirements, design specification, to produce and execute manual test scripts mapped to system requirements.
This position is approved to be fully remote within the United States.
- Create concise and detail-oriented test plans from design and functional specifications.
- Review functional specifications to ensure full understanding of Sprint deliverables.
- Write functional test cases and test steps based on product requirements.
- Perform error analysis and bug reporting.
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data and data validation.
- Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Execute smoke, functional, and regression testing.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Assist in requirement analysis
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Liaison with development, help desk support, and user engagement teams to assist with troubleshooting.
- Support all aspects of user acceptance testing by the primary customer and/or users.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience Software testing
- Experience in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments
- Comfortable with executing and updating SQL queries.
- Experience with UI functional testing
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Organized, Task and Detail Oriented
- Team player with great communication skills
- Due to the requirements of our federal client, a minimum of Green Card status is required, and all applicants shall have lived in the United States for at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years
- Must be able to pass a client-specific Public Trust background investigation
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a medical exemption or religious accommodation is approved. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their last dose of their vaccine. Confirmation of vaccine is required.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with ETL testing
- Working on a large team (50+)
- Working with a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) project
- Experience with the CMS expedited lifecycle (XLC)
- Experience in supporting system modernization projects
- Experience writing software test cases/scripts, explaining test results, and analyzing requirements for testable outcomes
- Experience coordinating work against schedules, and providing guidance and direction as required preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL-TM) Certification is preferred
- Agile certifications a plus
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Solutions By Design II
Get fresh Quality Assurance Software Tester jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.