Cyber Security Special Operations Specialist
Solutions By Design II Vienna, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
SBD is looking for a Cyber Security Special Operations Specialist to join our team in support of a large Security Operations program with our federal customer. This position can be remote.
- Identify, recommend, and develop capabilities to cover security gaps.
- Assist in enhancing processes and procedures across the customer's environment.
- Act as the technical escalation point for all technical issues within this program and work special cyber security projects assigned by CISO.
- Assist the customer by providing direction on industry best practices to ensure the SOC constantly evolves as a Next Generation SOC.
- Apply principles, methods, and knowledge of the functional area to specific task requirements to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Implement the MITRE Adversarial Tactics, Techniques, and Common Knowledge (ATT&CK) framework for Intelligence Operations.
- Create security controls through "user stories" based on NIST SP800 guidance, DHS policy, and industry best practice to mitigate security risk or gaps in the security posture.
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize user stories and provide updates to allow efficient and effective re-use of stories across the enterprise, ensuring they contain testable acceptance criteria, and are documented in a format which is easy to share and explain along with having a clear definition of done.
- Support the design and deployment of incident response security solutions to facilitate a comprehensive defense-in-depth strategy and intrusion defense chain methodology.
- Provide engineering and technical assistance to support vulnerability scans, penetration testing, vulnerability analysis, scan analysis, and security analysis.
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain a DoD Top Secret Clearance (this can be done concurrent with employment).
- Must be able to obtain a Federal agency-specific clearance prior to starting.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ years of experience in security engineering or security operations.
- 4 years of experience in security incident response.
- Have and maintain ISC2 CISSP, or other comparable certification which must be approved in advance on a case-by-case basis.
- Have and maintain a CISM and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification, or other comparable certification which must be approved in advance on a case-by-case basis.
- Experience implementing the MITRE Adversarial Tactics, Techniques, and Common Knowledge (ATT&CK) framework.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro