SBD is seeking a Microsoft Azure Security Architect to join our team supporting our federal customer. This role supports the security activities associated with evaluating, implementing, managing, and continued operations of new and existing technologies across our customer's cloud environments. Our customer requires a skilled resource that understands security in the multi-cloud environment and implements controls and approaches to enhance our incident response processes and procedures. This individual shall have experience working in the following cloud environments: Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure. The individual should be well-versed in the architecture and design of the respective cloud environments including associated services, how the cloud interconnects with agencies, and, specifically, how to conduct business within the cloud environment in a secure manner. This position can be a telework/remote position.
- Implement monitoring capabilities, analyze all platform levels, network changes, monitor impact, and provide appropriate technical solutions to resolve issues efficiently
- Develop scripts, dashboards, and reports that provide automated notification of cloud security settings that differ from our customer's security requirements
- Implement best practice security guidance for developing and deploying applications in AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Office 365
- Develop scripts, wikis, training briefings, and other documentation to implement security guidance to make other employees and Contractors aware of new security offerings provided in the multi-cloud environment
- Understand cloud security plans that implement systems and procedures to secure information, infrastructure, property, and users against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure
- Enhance existing and develop new functions/mechanisms (e.g. AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Function, Azure Cloud Functions, DivvyCloud, etc.) for testing and maintaining cloud security controls (e.g. enforcing restrictions on Internet Gateways and preventing S3 buckets from being made public)
- Enhance existing and develop new templates (e.g. CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, etc.) for creating new accounts and new VPCs with our customer's security requirements enabled by default (e.g. CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Monitor, Google Cloud Audit Logs, Google Stackdriver Monitoring, etc.)
- Provide cloud security expertise to our customer and serve as the expert on how to deploy, operate, and secure applications in multi-cloud environment
- Perform computer incident response and remediation practices as outlined in NIST 800-61 (Computer Security Incident Handling Guide) and DHS 4300A Sensitive Systems Policy Handbook, Attachment F Incident Response
- Assist the Security Operations Branch on incident response actions for security incidents affecting the multi-cloud environment
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain a federal agency-specific clearance prior to starting
- Bachelor's Degree or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 7 years' experience engineering, developing and deploying IT systems.
- At least 3 years' experience as a Senior Engineer deploying, operating, or providing IT security engineering for systems deployed in Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of native Azure Platform security tools and service tools
- At least 2 years' experience such as Cloud Deployment Manager, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or PowerShell tools
- Certified as an Azure Security Engineer
Provide high quality services and solutions that positively impact our customers’ support for and execution of their mission.
Our People. Enabling the Government of Tomorrow. Every Program, Every Project, Every Day.
Deliver: we honor our commitments and never fail our customers!
Outperform: we strive to continually innovate and elevate our performance!
Ethical: we do what is right and fair and conduct ourselves with accountability, integrity, and honesty!
Respect: we have humility and are considerate and professional in all our dealing!
Solutions By Design II, LLC
Why Work Here?SBD specializes in IT system modernization and support as an application transformation and agile process leader. We leverage open source technologies and cloud-based solutions to reduce operating costs and advance the value proposition of automated solutions. We also have a robust cybersecurity capability optimizing security operation centers through the use of workflow automation, technical expertise, and the use of leading edge security tools. Bottom line, we deliver technically innovative, reliable, and cost-effective solutions, services, and products to our federal customers. Our Mission Provide high quality services and solutions that positively impact our customers’ support for and execution of their mission. Our Vision Our People. Enabling the Government of Tomorrow. Every Program, Every Project, Every Day. Values Deliver: we honor our commitments and never fail our customers! Outperform: we strive to continually innovate and elevate our performance! Ethical: we do what is right and fair and conduct ourselves with accountability, integrity, and honesty! Respect: we have humility and are considerate and professional in all our dealing!
Growing company with great leadership, benefits, and team environment!