SBD is seeking a COMSEC Engineer to join our team in support of our federal customer in Washington, DC. The COMSEC team is responsible for preventing unauthorized access to telecommunications traffic, or to any written information that is transmitted or transferred. The contractor will provide a resource to provide operations and maintenance to ensure cryptographic security, emission security, transmission security, and ensure the safety of the network’s cryptographic information equipment. Responsibilities of the COMSEC Engineer will include:
- Providing expertise as a COMSEC Responsible Officer when required by the Government in individual task orders;
- Rapidly resolving COMSEC issues to the complete satisfaction of the appropriate COMSEC inspection authorities;
- Receipt, custody, issuance, safeguarding, accounting for and when necessary, destruction of COMSEC material for offices and/or operating units under their areas for responsibility;
- Maintaining COMSEC and performing system administrator functions with full access privileges to the Local Management Devices / Key Processors (LMDs/KPs);
- Creating, deleting, and modifying COMSEC operator accounts and create/delete hand receipt holder accounts;
- Performing downloads of crypto key from the Electronic Key Management System (EKMS);
- Conduct inventories of COMSEC material IAW with regulations;
- Maintaining up-to-date records of COMSEC inventory and submitting required accounting reports;
- Maintaining crypto equipment and operational keys;
- Rekeying and reinitializing crypto equipment as required and troubleshoot/resolve crypto problems;
- Processing COMSEC material for shipping through the Defense Courier Service, US Registered Mail, and FedEx;
- Maintain copies of all briefings and debriefings;
- Undergo required COMSEC training within six months of appointment and update training yearly;
- Perform required audits of each COMSEC account in accordance with government schedules and timelines;
- Provide help desk for technical and administrative questions;
- Evaluate new COMSEC equipment for use by USCIS employees and contractors;
- Represent our customer in working groups and committees;
- Provide technical support to the customer to facilitate interoperability of purchases of COMSEC equipment;
- Complete documents and updates as necessary to include but not limited to: COMSEC SOPs, COMSEC training documentation, COMSEC material accounting, and COMSEC Incident Reports;
- Mentor and train our customer’s employees in COMSEC equipment, tools, techniques and procedures;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the government.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as a COMSEC Custodian;
- Must have the ability to travel on an as needed basis (example: Mt. Weather, Bluemont VA, Harrisonburg, VA);
- Must be a US Citizen with an active DoD TOP SECRET SCI (TS/SCI) level clearance;
- Must be able to obtain a customer-specific clearance prior to starting;
- Must have and maintain at least one (1) active certification such as but not limited to Network+, Security+, CASP, GSEC, GSLC, CISSP, or other comparable certification or experience which must be approved in advance by the Government on a case-by-case basis.
Provide high quality services and solutions that positively impact our customers’ support for and execution of their mission.
Our People. Enabling the Government of Tomorrow. Every Program, Every Project, Every Day.
Deliver: we honor our commitments and never fail our customers!
Outperform: we strive to continually innovate and elevate our performance!
Ethical: we do what is right and fair and conduct ourselves with accountability, integrity, and honesty!
Respect: we have humility and are considerate and professional in all our dealing!
Solutions By Design II, LLC